27| V E N T I-S E T T E

ALESSANDRO'S POV
[ one of my favorites ]

I woke up, wishing I never did. Not a second after my eyes shot open, my mind took me back to yesterday's incident. I couldn't figure out if I was upset, or numb out of the misery. Either way, I can't let it stand in front of my way, nor make it a step where I fall. I won't let it get a chance, I won't let whoever caused this get under my skin. Yet I know the perfect way to get under theirs.

I pushed myself off the bed, hearing it calling me back. I ignored it, there was no time to rest. I glanced at the watch beside my bed. It's ten in the morning. My eyes widened at the time. I overslept, something that rarely happens. Aramndo is supposed to be moving in today. If things were different, I would have been jumping up and down from the inside, but it wasn't. Some things just never turn out the way you want them to.

I finished my morning routine in the bathroom, followed by getting ready for this day I never wished would happen. Sometimes I wish the sun to not rise, nor the dark fill in the sky. As much as I enjoyed it, yet I wanted to escape it from time to time. It's a powerful expedition that leaves a strong effect on you. Whether it's good or bad. You never get to choose, you never get to pick, you find yourself thrown into the dark, and expected to deal with it as if it's normal, as if it's all right. When it's not.

Yet that doesn't make a change either, your opinion, your thoughts, even if you're tired. It wouldn't change a thing. This world is cruel, it doesn't feel. All it does is throw at you it's worst, and it's your part to figure the benefits, the best out of it. And if you don't, you'll find yourself stuck in its path, stuck in a world you can't escape. A world that's brutal and causes you nothing but being weak, powerless. It makes you helpless, begging for the slight hope, a hand to reach out. Only to realize, the only hand that could help you out of its dusk, is the dark. To become it. To shift into its figure, and seek in all the strength, turning it into your own.

In hope of the water to take away all that happened, it didn't. I sighed, taking a last glance at my miserable self in the mirror and left the bathroom. I decided to let go of suits for a while, I usually wear them in any events. But I didn't feel like wearing one today nor putting on sweatpants.

I wore a dark blue shirt that hugged my body perfectly, showing off my biceps. Along with a pair of black cargo pants. I walked out of the closet, grabbing my watch from the night stand. Placing it gently on my wrist, I took myself and left the room shortly after.

A minute later, I found myself getting closer to the kitchen. Not a singular part in my body wanted food, but I will eat either way. Although when I remembered that I had to cook, I almost shut it off until I was close enough to the kitchen, noticing a plate on the kitchen counter. I took a long pause before my mind worked again, with each step, I kept realizing how this plate got here.

And there it was the only thing that brightened my day. Thanks to her, she made it better.

I looked down at the plate, turning it a little. Observing each breakfast meal I liked. I chuckled for the first time, forgetting how it felt. How did she know, I have no idea.

I sat down, grabbing the fork left beside the plate. I looked at it one more time before digging in the fork and to my mouth. I felt my eyes roll to the back and shut out of satisfaction. This is so good. I took a second before opening my eyes, letting my head fall back on the plate. I took in another bite after another until the whole plate was empty. God I already missed it.