48| Q U A R A N T-O T T O

AKILA'S POV

Something about Alessandro tying my shoes really pleased him.

It was his last night in Sicily before going to some city he told me about, to pick his grandparents up and drive them here.

I've met Alessandro's grandparents multiple times, especially his grandmother. She's the sweetest, most kind hearted woman I've ever met. Just like his beautiful mother, Dianna, they're both so open and always make sure to put a smile on your face.

Although I've met almost all of Alessandro's family, I believe he doesn't know anything about it. When I first met Dianna, it was at some ball years and years back then. I was seventeen at the ball hosted by The Romanians when I found her and Enzo arguing in a room alone. No one knew who I was, no one knew I even existed which is still happening til this day.

They didn't see me but I stood there and listened to their fight like a reality show when suddenly I heard footsteps. I took a cover and watched twenty years old Alessandro walk on them. He basically shut them up and dragged them out of that room since guests were asking where they went. He handled it as if he's used to it even though they barely fought in front of him. Alessandro knows his parents are not happily married, his mother was forced to marry his father by her aunts and uncles since Enzo is wealthy enough for her family's standards. She is a caring woman and loves to point the positive out of the worst, so she accepted Enzo and swore to stand by his side no matter what. They're two completely different persons, Dianna is gentle, sweet and soft while Enzo is careless and an asshole. Both Alessandro and I know she deserves much better than the marriage he gave her but the woman was too busy with her dear son to apply for a divorce. Even if she asked for one, her family will see it as a shame to their reputation and bring their success down.

Alessandro might think we first met four years ago at the back of his club, but I might as well know something he doesn't know about.

I guess that's our normal.

I chuckled out loud, not realizing he heard it. His head turned to look at me with a confused look, I raised my eyebrows acting just as confused as he is. He then lowered his chin and smiled before looking back on the road.

I stared at his side profile for a minute or two, admiring his messy hair. I snapped out of it and found my eyes landing on his hand that's sneaking between my thighs. I looked at him again but he didn't look back, only his smile remained on his face giving me nothing else.

I shook it off with an eye roll and went back to my thoughts. At the time, I didn't know who the Santoros were. I was seventeen just got out of Saudi Arabia and had no clue what to do next, I was able to break into the ball due to the very poor security and here we are.

That was the last time I've seen Alessandro, then three years later I started my plan on the mafia boss. It was a quick plan honestly, I saw the opportunity to enter his life so I did it in the easiest way. I was set to kill Ivan, another fella who tried to rape me. I knew he was there doing business, I screamed, drawing attention to the scene and hoped he would show up alone. And he did.

The second I saw him walk in frame, I slid Ivan's throat open and left him to bleed on the floor while Alessandro watched. I couldn't stay for long, it would've revealed my face which was too early. I was eager to know what he looks like now, in real life. I saw him a million times through security cameras and those ones they have access to, but never got to see him in action. My mind won over my intentions thankfully and I managed to disappear before he took any notice.