66| S E S S A N T A-S E I

ALESSANDRO'S POV

My eyes slowly open, my vision is blurry and uneasy. My body is tired, too heavy pushed against my back. I can't move, my bones are frozen and my strength is gone.

My mind is working little by little, it's waking up before my energy, my will and power. I blink numerous times and my sight becomes clear, I see nothing.

The place is empty, black, dark with no source of light. It may be my head, it may be some hallucinations I'm creating but it feels so real, so real I'm starting to forget what reality is, what matter and air feel like.

I can't shift, my body is being pulled down, trapped by this mysterious force that's almost nonexistent. I don't feel ropes, I don't feel my legs wrapped up nor my wrists cuffed. It's strange, a strange feeling of being there, alive yet not in control. I'm breathing. My chest raises up and down every second but I'm not the one doing it, I'm not the one breathing.

It's like there's someone, a soul locked in my body with me, and neither of us know what to do, what to feel, what to think and what to remember.

We're confused, we're clueless and weak. I no longer feel pain, I'm not feeling at all.

I force my eyes to move, alongside the darkness, searching and collecting since they're the only thing I'm in control of. The rest of me is not here, it's not me, it's not next to me but I know I'm in it.

I squeeze my eyes shut and see no difference. I mess with my own mind and drain it. I stuck away the effort it gave in to open my sight and now I'm blind again.

A few moments passed, hours, days, weeks. I don't know, I'm kept in the dark behind knowledge and understanding as if the world is punishing me, as if the world is trying to tell me something, as if it's begging me to remember.

I recall my name, my age, my date of birth. It's all there except for the part I am supposed to know. And it does feel empty, it does feel like something, someone is missing.

Events are unable to replay theirselves, they're lost somewhere far I'm too weak to reach, I'm not strong enough to touch, to know, to live and maybe I don't deserve, maybe I never deserved to be who I am.

Blood breaks through my veins, my bones tense and my flesh sets on fire. Marcello.

I sit up on a bed, I'm on a bed, I was sleeping on a bed. A bed not my own, someone's bed. My sight loses its focus as my body manages the head rush. I see black and white spots when suddenly there's light, there's a whole glass window with opened curtains to allow sunlight, sunlight that magically appears in the room.

I hear a noise, a door, a door swing open. It's a man, it's a man with brown hair so light, so unique and almost blond. I can't see his face, it's hidden, my mind is shutting him out, my mind is terrified but my body is curious and demanding. Thoughts and fear tell me to back away, back away from my own challenge yet that seems to only push me further.

The name, the name I said earlier, what was it. Is that him, what's his name and do I know him.

The guy doesn't move, he stands in place and does nothing for a while. I narrow my eyes and try to observe his face again but I fail for the second time. He leaves, he disappears out of the door frame for a second and comes back, this time, he was not alone.

Many brown tall heads surrounded the bed I sat on, I think they are speaking, I'm not sure, there's some noise but it's distant, it's running away from me.