72| S E T T A N T A-D U E

ALESSANDRO'S POV

We jump. We're in the air. We're falling. We're getting closer. We're three feet away. We're on the ground.

I cover my head and let my body roll on the sand, taking in the fall and allowing gravity to push me back up.

I shoot my eyes open and look around, I trace down every face, I count them over and over, I make sure everyone landed, I make sure everyone is present when I don't find Dante.

Adriano is laying on his stomach, groaning and gripping his forehead. I see Julia, Kira next to Emilion, Armando, Lilianna shaking the sand out of her hair and it hits me. Akila is not here.

I lose focus, I lose my sight and stand up. I rose to my feet and gaze around, my mind playing the worst scenarios, my mind turning hallucinations into reality, my mind is spinning, my eyes are seeing things, I'm imagining things, I'm doing things out of control, I don't know what I'm doing.

I hear my own voice, I hear it loud and clear, I hear it shout and scream, I hear it angry and full of rage, I hear it fall out for Akila. "Where the fuck is Akila"

They all look at me, they stare at me in horror and hesitation. Who's going to answer? Who can answer? Who knows the answer.

No one does. No one knows. She's gone and no one knows where, no one knows if she's just planning something or never coming back.

"Find her" I bark at the many faces in front of me. They jump to their feet in fear and start running, they run further, they sprint and search, they're travelling behind trees, wood and a forest. We landed next to a forest. We landed on a beach. An island.

I move and advance to a huge mountain, I check the pistol in my back hostler and snatch it out. I turn it around, I look for any signs, any notes, anything she could've left behind but I find nothing.

I must find her. I have to find her. I will find her. I'm not losing her today, I'm not losing her to this, I'm not losing her.

Dante. Dante. Dante. Dante and Akila. Akila and Dante. You're losing, you're losing both Alessandro.

I hear gunshots. I hear two bullets shot into the sky. I'm too furious to take cover, I'm too furious to hide and observe from a distance, to make the right move because right now, I got nothing to lose, I got no one to hide for, I got no one to go back to.

My body is shaking, not in fear, not in terror, in madness, in losing my mind, losing Dante, losing Akila.

I didn't get time. I didn't have time. The gunshots continued, the gunshots aimed, the gunshots aimed at me.

Emilion hovered over me and pushed me to the ground, we both fell on the sand and sat up. "What the hell are you doing" he asks me, he's angry, he's messed up, we're all messed up.

I ignore him, I don't speak, I'm unable to speak. I try to get back up when he pulls me back. I take a deep breath in, I tame the urge to shoot him with the pistol in my hand, I tame my temper and send him a glare, I send him a look of dominance, of a reminder who I am and who he is.

"Alessandro" my name, it's always my goddamn name. "We will find her, we will look everywhere just please, stay down and will figure this out" he begs, he motions me to hide my face, to hide where we stand and he's right, I should listen, I should have listened.

I get back up and the shooter locks eyes with me, I catch his eyes, his eyes.

I feel nothing. I feel so much that I feel none. I feel numb. I feel nothing. I feel silence. I feel air. I feel light. I feel heavy. I feel murder. I feel blood. I feel death. I feel his blood. I feel his death.