33

Trigger Warning ** Rape**

Mads POV.

The sound of a baby crying awoke me, I got up and made a bottle, before picking the baby out of her box. I walk into the dining area and sit at one of the tables to feed the baby. I look at her face and frown slightly, she has Shane's eyes. A voice breaks me from my thoughts, "Everybody okay?" I look up to see Rick looking at me. "Yeah, we are." Maggie answers for us. "What about you?" Hershel asks him. We've all been worried about Rick, he's falling off the deep end. He's taking Lori's death worse than I took Shane's death. Rick nods, "I cleared out the boiler block." "How many were there?" Dayl asks him and he shrugs, "I don't know. A dozen, two dozen. I have to get back. Just wanted to check on Carl." "What about your baby?" I ask him and he turns back to me before walking over and rubbing the baby's head. He kisses my forehead as a thank you before starting to walk out, but Glenn stops him, "Rick, we can handle taking out the bodies. You don't have to." Rick shakes his head, "No, I do. Everyone have a gun and a knife?" Daryl nods, "Yeah. We're running low on ammo, though." "Maggie, me and Mads were planning on making a run this afternoon. Found a phone book with some places we can hit, look for bullets and formula." Glenn tells Rick and Rick looks at me shaking his head, "You're not going." I scoff standing up with the baby, "Like hell I'm not." "Carl just lost his mom, he can't lose you too. Neither can the baby or Joey." Rick says softly. I place a hand on his shoulder, "I'm not going anywhere, I'll be okay. We'll be there and back, no problem." "We cleared out the generator room. Axel's there trying to fix it in case of emergency. We're gonna sweep the lower levels as well." Daryl says breaking the stare between Rick and I. Rick nods, "Good. Good." He gives me one last look before walking out. "Rick." Hershel calls out to him, but he ignores it continuing walking.

Maggie, Glenn, and I get out of the car outside of a store. Maggie looks around, "Clear outside." I sigh in relief, "Now we just gotta worry about the inside." "All right, let's take a look." Glenn nods walking into the store. The store was completely empty and I broke off from Glenn and Maggie heading towards the electronics. I looked around until I finally found it, a pink Polaroid camera. Joey has been telling me since before the apocalypse about how much she wanted one and according to my calendar, it was nearing her birthday. I picked up the camera and all the film they had in the store, before walking back to the front to find Glenn and Maggie. "We just hit the powdered formula jackpot." Glenn tells me and I smile, "Oh, thank god." "I also got beans, batteries, cocktail wieners & many mustards. It's a straight shot back to the prison from here. Probably make it in time for dinner." Glenn tells Maggie and I and we nod. We walk outside and over to the car. Maggie sighs, "I like the quiet. Back there, back home, you can always hear them outside the fence no matter where you are." "And where is it y'all good people are calling home?" A voice says and I instantly drop my basket and pull out my gun towards the voice. I see the person and my jaw drops, "Merle?" He laughs before taking a step towards us, "Wow!" "Hey, back the hell up!" Maggie yells and Merle puts his hands up, "Okay, okay, honey. Jesus." "You made it." Glenn says just as shocked as I am. "Can you tell me, is my brother alive? Huh?" Merle asks us and I nod. "Hey, you take me to him and I'll call it even on everything that happened up there in Atlanta. No hard feelings." Merle says and I look at Glenn before looking back to Merle's hand. Instead of a hand he has a metal contraption with a knife duct taped to it. He looks and me and laughs, "Huh? You like that? Yeah. Well, I found myself a medical supply warehouse. Fixed it up myself. Well, pretty cool, huh?" "We'll tell Daryl you're here and he'll come out to meet you." Glenn tells him and Merle scoffs coming closer, "Hold on. Just hold up." I pull my gun up to him as a warning and he looks and smiles, "Hold up here. Hold up. Hey, the fact that we found each other is a miracle. Come on,now. You can trust me." I scoff , "I'd trust a walker not to eat me, before I'd trust you." Glenn steps in front of Maggie and I, "You trust us. You stay here." "No!" Merle says before pulling his gun out and shooting towards us. We all dodge the bullet and I run towards Merle. I punch him in the face knocking him down and he smiles, before quickly jumping up and grabbing me. We wrestle on the ground for a few moments until he wins and puts me in a headlock. I struggle for a moment, trying to grab his arm off of me before I look up to see Glenn pointing his gun at him, with Maggie behind him with fear in her eyes. "Hey, hey, hold up guys, hold up." Merle tells him. Glenn steps forward continuing to point his gun at Merle, "Let go of her. Let go of her!" Merle laughs before pointing his own gun at my head, "Put it in the car, son." I look at Glenn to see him already looking at me, and I shake my head, "Glenn no." He looks at me with sad eyes before putting his gun in the car window. Damnit Glenn. Merle smiles, "There you go. Now we're gonna go for a little drive." Glenn shakes his head, "We're not going back to our camp." Merle laughs, "No,we're going somewhere else. Get in the car, Glenn! You're driving! Move!" He presses the gun closer to my head and Glenn looks at me with sad eyes, "Don't. Okay." He turns and gets in the car before starting it, Maggie gets in the passenger side. "Get up. That's it." Merle orders as he pulls me up with him and forces me into the backseat.