39

Mads pov
I asked Carol to take Judith as I followed after Rick. I found him in his cell, "You okay?" He looks up to me and laughs, "Shouldn't I be asking you that?" I shrug sitting next to him, "I'm fine really. Everything going on is perfectly fine." We both laugh and then a silence falls upon us. "Did he..?" Rick trails off. It was about time to actually talk to someone about what happened to me. Maybe Rick was the one to do it, he's always been there for me. I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. It was like I couldn't physically tell him. I just started crying giving him his answer, I wanted to get over it so bad, but I just couldn't. Rick wrapped his arms around me and I sobbed into his shirt. We sat like that for a few minutes until I calmed down. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked me softly wiping tears off my face. I sighed, "I can't sleep. I haven't slept but a few hours since. Every time my eyes close, it replays over and over in my head. I sit there and think that, maybe there was something I could've done-" Rick grabs my shoulders forcing me to look at him, "No, don't do that. He is the one who should feel disgusted with what he did to you. Did you see him the other night?" I nod softly, "Rick, I'm sorry. Everything you were doing was okay, it was great. I just can't do this right now, I'm not saying I can't do this ever. Just not right now." He rubs my back, "Madison, I understand. I will wait however long it takes to be with you."

Carol pov
I took the baby as Mads asked and walked over to Andrea. "You can't leave without meeting Little Ass-Kicker." I say to Andrea holding Judith. "May I hold her?" She asks and I nod. "Of course. Oh. Got her?" I hand Judith to her and she nods, "I got her." She looks down at the baby, "Oh, look at you. Let me guess. Daryl named her "Ass-Kicker." That's not really her name." I laugh, "Judith." "Judith. Hi, Judith. Oh, how precious are you? What happened to Lori?" She asked rocking the baby. "During a C-section. Madison. Carl had to. T-Dog died leading me to safety." I said sadly remembering the walkers tear him apart. "And Shane?" She asked me. I sighed, "Rick killed him. The night we left the farm. That whole Randall thing was a lie. Shane tried to kill Rick. Would've killed Madison too, if he did it." She shook her head, "Shane loved Rick." "Shane loved Lori." I say softly. "Rick's become cold. Unsteady." She said worriedly. "He has his reasons. The Governor, you need to do something." I tell her and she nods, "I am."I shake my head, "No, you need to sleep with him. Give him the greatest night of his life. You get him to drop his guard. Then when he's sleeping, you can end this." She looked down.

Mads Pov
We had packed up a car for Andrea to go back in so that she would be safe. "Can you spare it?" She asks Rick and he nods. She gets into the car and takes one last look at us before we open the gate and let her go back to Woodbury.

Rick invited me to go on a run with him, Carl, and Michonne and I agreed. We were headed back around to the neighborhood we used to live in. It might be nice to see the old house and what's inside still. Or what was left. Joey wanted to come, but Beth had asked her to stay behind and take care of Judith with her. Despite the age gap, the two of them were becoming close friends. It was nice to see Joey able to be a kid again, some days I feel like she's the same age as me with the way she acts. I sat in the back with Carl as his head laid on my chest and I played with his hair. As we were driving we came across a survivor who immediately to seeing us, started screaming for help, but we drove past him. Yelling at the top of his lungs, won't help him with the walkers, I wonder how he has lasted this long. Michonne tried to drive around come cars, but got our car stuck in the mud. As if it was karma, a small nearby heard surrounded our car causing Carl to jump up from my lap. Rick looked back at us, "Cover your ears." We all complied and he started to shoot them one by one. Carl and Rick got out of the car to get it unstuck, while Michonne and I stayed in. I look in the side mirror to see the man we past before had caught up to us, still screaming. We have to go now.

We arrived at the station and went back into the locker room, where the weapon's locker was. As we walked through, I looked at a locker that read, 'Shane Walsh'. I reached up to the rings on my necklace, holding onto his for a few extra seconds. I opened it and all that was inside was a couple of Shane's old shirts. I picked them up and they smelled like him after all this time. I looked at the door to see three photos, one of our family, another of Joey's school picture, and one of me and him on our wedding day. I picked up the pictures and just smiled, I would give anything to have these days back. I shoved the shirts and pictures into my bag. I had lost our photo album when we were on the road during the winter time. The once filled weapons locker was wiped clean. "You got any other police stations around here?" Michonne asks. "I was the police here. Me and a few other guys." Rick looked at me still standing beside Shane's locker. "My husband was an officer with him. It's not a big town." I tell her and she nods. "There's a few other places we can check. May not as many guns as where in here-" Rick says before I cut him off, "We need as many guns that were here. Ammo too." Rick nods, "Yeah, we do. But right now, I only got a line on a couple. There's a few places out on the main street ... bars, a liquor store. Owners had a gun or two behind the counter that people didn't know about. I did. I signed the permits. They might still be there." We had to hope they were still there and one of the others didn't have the same idea we did.