47

Mads POV

I was feeding Judith when Merle came into my cell, I look at him confused, "What are you doing in my cell?" He leans against the frame, "Rick told me to get your help clearing the east side of walkers." I looked down to the small baby in my arms, "Let me just get Josephine to finish her feed." He waves his hand, "I'll grab her." I smile and thank him as he leave then he returns with Joey. I sit her down and place Judith in her arms, I kiss her head, "I'll be back in a few minutes, Beth should be around here somewhere if you need help sooner, okay? I love you Joeybean." She looks up at me and smiles, "Love you too momma." I grab my machete and gun then put them in their holsters. Merle guided me through the hallways. "Why did Rick tell you to find me? He hasn't been letting me do anything." Merle shrugs, "I don't know, but I get it though, with the baby." I look at him confused, "Rick told you?" He nodded, "Rick told a few people." Anger washed through me, how could he just go and tell everyone my business? We walked into a room and I looked past a machine to see Michonne laying there unconscious. I rushed over to her, "Oh my God, Merle, go get help." I look back to see Merle pointing a gun at me, "Shut up." I raise my hands up slowly, "Look Merle, we can talk about this. We can all walk back to the cell block once she wakes up and we can forget about this." Merle smirks, "That ain't what this is about. How I see it is, you may die, but how you die can be all up to you, sweetheart." I quickly move towards him grabbing the gun, pointing it off into the air as it fires. I punch him hard in the stomach and he drops the gun. He reaches for it and I kick it across the floor. I move to tackle Merle and I begin to start punching him. I feel Merle's cheek split open under my hand as he pushes me off him, and I hit the ground hard. Merle huffs, "You sure have a fight in ya." All I can see is Merle move his metal towards my head before I black out.

It had been a while since I woken up, Michonne and I were tied up with wire walking as Merle guided from behind us. I looked like a mess I was dirty from the ground when I was tryin to take down Merle, and there was dried blood that went down my face from where Merle hit me in the face. "Governor made Rick an offer. Turn you and then her and the baby over and we all give peace a chance." Merle told us and I froze, Rick was seriously going to give me up? I look back at him, "No, Rick would never give me away like that." Merle nods, "I agree with you. He would have blinked." Michonne scoffs, "But not you." He shrugs, "I'm being straight with you." I scoff, "You were straight when you led me into the tombs." He shrugs, "Okay, maybe I wasn't straight." Michonne rolls her eyes, "You put a bag over our heads." He sighed, "I got it done. He wouldn't. Keep moving." We continued to walk and after a long silence Merle broke it. "He was a guy that came back for me on that rooftop. Nah. It's all on me. You know? I figure that's why I was back there in the first place. Do the dirty work." A walker growling caused us all to stop walking. He looks to Michonne as he pulls out her sword, "May I?" She just glares at him and he shrugs, "I'll take that as a yes." He kills the walker than looks back at us and laughs, "You know what? I'd figured you two would have run." Michonne smiles sarcastically, "Wanted my sword back before I get away." I nod, "I would like my machete and gun as well." Merle shrugs and laughs, "It may go down that way. But if I were either of you, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Move." My mind went back to Rick, and how pissed I was at him.

Rick POV

I walked to the fallen side of the prison in search of wire, I found a blue wire and I wrapped it around my hand. It was strong and there was no way they would be able to break through it. I sat for a moment before I saw something moving over my shoulder, it was Lori and she was pregnant. She shook her head softly as she rubbed her stomach, and I knew she was telling me not to go through with this. Not only because it was morally wrong or my love for Madison, but that I was essentially sending Madison's baby to live a life worth hell. I held the bridge of my nose and closed my eyes softly, "You're not there. She's not there." I looked up to see Lori standing there clearly, and I look down. I can't do this, preventing a war sounds nice, but not at the cost of your own. I throw the wire down and head for the front of the prison, I had to find her. I walk into the cellblock and Hershel crutches up to me, "Rick, what your about to do-" I wave him off, "I can't. I won't." Hershel smiles slightly and I walk off heading to her cell, when I enter she's not there, but Joey is asleep on her bed with Judith in her arms also asleep. I search around the prison unable to find Madison, Michonne, or Merle.

I see Daryl outside and I run over to him, "It's off. We'll take our chances." Daryl nods, "I'm not saying it was the wrong call, but this is definitely the right one." Daryl sees the panic in my face, "What's wrong?" I sigh, " I can't find Merle, Madison or Michonne. They've gone." Daryl nods running towards an entrance, "Come on." We run through the hall slowing up before we walk into a room, "He was in here. Said he was looking for drugs. Said a lot of things, actually." Daryl and I begin looking around the room for any sign of them. "Like what?" I ask him and he shrugs, "Said that you were gonna change your mind." He walked over and picked up a pillowcase near a puddle of blood, "Here we go. Yeah, he took them here. They mixed it up." I begin to panic, "Damn it! I'm going after him." I start heading for the exit, but Daryl stops me, "You can't track for shit." I sigh, "Then the both of us." Daryl shakes his head, "Nah just me. I said I'd go and I'll go. Plus they're gonna come back here. You need to be ready. Your family, too." He was right, if Daryl gets to them before Merle gets to the Governor, the Governor would head straight to our gates.