67

Carol POV

I heard a gunshot and I took off running to it. I then heard her screaming, "Lizzie!" It was them, but what are they doing out here? I sprinted even faster to them when I arrive I see two walkers headed to them. I quickly kill one of the walkers and the girls notice, "Carol!" I kill the other one and I quickly run up to them as they hug me. "What are you doing out here?" I ask them concerned. Mika looked down, "The Governor came for the prison. It's gone." I look between the girls and to Judith in Lizzie's arms, "Where is everyone else?" Lizzie looks up to me, "We're here and they're not. Tyreese went to help someone and said he'd come back." I take Judith from her arms, "Which way?" She points and we start heading to Tyreese.

When we arrive I see Tyreese beating a walker's head in with a hammer. It looks like he was too late to save them. "Tyreese." I call out to him. He looks to me shocked, "How-How?" He comes up to me and hugs me and I am left in a way of guilt. He pulled away, "How'd you find us? Where were you? How'd you-" He was cut off by a man sobbing. "Stay here girls." I told the girls as Tyreese and I walked towards him. He dropped down in front of his son, "Stay on the tracks. That was my mistake." I looked at him confused, "But the woods have more cover?" He shook his head, "No, you don't understand. There's a place up the tracks. It's safe. You can take the children there. Trust me. Please. Follow the tracks." Tyreese pulled me back and we started heading up the tracks. Mika looked up to Tyreese, "Tyreese. I didn't run. I didn't leave Lizzie." He smiled and rubbed the top of her head, "See that? Tough little lady." I started to take off my backpack as Tyreese helped me, "Hey, there's some water in there. And some food." He handed it to the girls then he looked at me, "I didn't see you get out. I thought you-" I quickly cut him off realizing Rick had never told him. "I wasn't there. I hadn't gotten back yet. Rick and I found a car.  He took what we had back to the prison while I... kept looking." Tyreese nodded, "Did you see it?" I nodded, "I saw the end. I saw Madison take out two of his people sent after her, then she ran from a herd. And then... I saw you running into the woods. You were far away. I lost you, but..." Mika smiled from behind us, "You found us." Lizzie nodded, "I knew you would." I caressed the side of her face before we started walking forward. Tyreese walked forward and grabbed my arm, "Hey, maybe we can circle back and find your car." I softly shook my head, "The walkers and the fire-- you can't go back to a graveyard." We kept walking until the girls saw a sign, "Look." Mika walked up to it and read the sign, "Sanctuary for all. Community for all. Those who arrive survive."

We start our journey onto the tracks when suddenly we hear an extremely loud scream. Tyreese and I look to each other before running towards it as fast as we could. It led us to a house and as we opened the door we heard another loud scream in pain. I handed the baby to Lizzie, "Watch her, and your sister, okay?" She nods and Tyreese and I quickly ascend the stairs. I can hear noises coming from the bathroom and I quickly push open the door. What I see inside shocks me, "Madison, Oh my God." Inside the bathtub was Madison covered in blood and dirt with patch covering her eye all with a small baby crying on her chest. I quickly rush in and look at all the blood in the tub, "She's losing a lot of blood." Tyreese looks at me, "What do we do?" Madison passes out. "Mads? Madison?" I call out as I shake her, but nothing. I think back to what Hershel taught me, "I need something to clamp and cut the umbilical cord, a blanket to place the baby in, and give me one of Judith's diapers, it'll work for now. There's nothing I can do about the bleeding. Bleeding is normal, it's just a lot at one time. That's what made her pass out." Tyreese nodded and ran out of the room. I picked up the baby and tried to shush it as Tyreese came back. I used Madison's extra shirt to clean the baby before placing it in the blanket. Tyreese handed me a chip clip and scissors. I looked at him and he shrugged, "It was all they had." I sighed, "It's gonna have to work." I cut umbilical cord, and throw the scissors on the floor. I push on Madison's stomach and pull on the cord until the rest of the placenta comes out. Tyreese looks at her, "Is she going to wake up?" I watch as Madison's chest slowly rises and falls and I shrug, "I don't know. Her body has been through so much with no medication." I caress her face, "We play the waiting game." I pulled Madison's underwear and pants on the best I could, but they were both still covered in blood.

I sat on the toilet of the bathroom feeding the baby, as Tyreese was putting the kids asleep in the other room. Tyreese came in and sat against the wall of the bathroom, "What are we going to do?" I sigh, "We wait for her to wake up, hope that she's okay enough to travel." "And if she's not?" He asks. I shrug, "She'll have to be. We can't stay here, it's not safe." He nods, "And Terminus?" I look down at the baby, "It's their best bet." He looks back to Madison, "Did you see her eye? What the hell happened to her?" I look at her, "The Governor had his eyes set on her. He wanted this sweet little boy. He sent two people after her. She killed them, both of them. One of them took out her eye." Tyreese nodded to the baby, "Is he the Governors?" I looked down at the baby and nodded, "He was a terrible man. He may biologically be this baby's father, but Rick will always be this baby's dad." Tyreese sighed, "He's somewhere out there." I nod, "He's Rick Grimes. Nothing will take him out."

Mads POV

My eyes slowly flutter open,  and I'm set into a state of panic when I realize I'm still in the  bathtub covered in my blood still. More panic sets in when I realize my  baby is gone. I step out of the bathtub, and almost fall over before  catching myself on the wall. I pull myself steady and start stumbling my  way out of the bathroom. I had to find him, wherever he was. I try to  make my way downstairs, before I begin to feel dizzy and fall down the  stairs. "Oh my God, Mads! You shouldn't be up, you've lost way too much  blood!" A voice exclaimed as she helped me up. I felt as I was in a daze  us I slowly stood up. I looked up to see Carol holding me up on one  arm. I begin to fall backwards when I hear, "Whoa, hey now. I've got  you." When my vision returns, I look up to see Tyreese carrying me to  the couch. He lays me down and I quickly sit up, "Where is he? Where is  my baby?" Tyreese slowly pushes me back, "Carol is grabbing him from  Lizzie, she was feeding him. Just lay back for me. You're not doing too  hot." I nod softly and lay back. A few moments later Carol comes over  with my baby wrapped in a small blanket. "He's so cute." She hands him to me and I hold him. I look at his face as I begin to sob. After everything that has happened, I look to him and I see hope. Carol sits next to me on the couch and Tyreese comes over and sits in front of me on the table with Judith on his lap. I look at the small baby and she smiles at me. I begin to cry again, "Hi baby, I thought you were gone." Mika smiled at me, "We saved her!" I reach out and hold her hand, "Thank you sweetheart." Tyreese looks to Carol and she nods, "We can give you the day to recover, but tomorrow, we head to Terminus."