75

Rick POV

FLASHBACK*****

We pulled into the prison and I saw her waiting for me, a hand on her hip and the other placed on her growing stomach. Her brown wavy hair blowing in the wind, there was no doubt in my mind that she was beautiful and I loved her. We parked the car and I got out to see a smile form on her face. "Hey you." she said softly. I smiled, "Hey." I walked over to her and pulled her into a kiss, her lips were so soft and fit with mine perfectly. Carl and Joey walk up to us, "Gross." Madison pulls away from me and looks to our daughter, "Oh, hush now Josephine. You just wait until you get you a little boyfriend." I laugh before looking at the kids, "Any trouble?" Both kids shake their head, "No." Madison looks to my shirt, "You had some though?" I look down at my shirt and sigh, "Yeah, a little." I wave to Carol as she walks past me, "Carol I'll take that." She nods handing me the cane. Madison follows me to the fence grabbing a weapon of her own. "You know the baby will be here any day now, right?" She asks me and I nod, "Oh, I know. Can't wait for Rick Jr." She laughs making my heart warm up. "We are not naming our baby that." She laughs. I shrug, "Why not? It's a good name." She rolls her eyes, "A good name? You know, I love your humor, but I'm not naming our baby that." I look back at her and smile, "I love you Madison." She blushes a little before smiling, "I love you too Rick." I stab one of the walkers in the head before pulling my cane out.

END OF FLASHBACK***

I stared at my bloodstained hands before looking out at the woods, wondering how this had happened, everything was okay a few hours ago.

FLASHBACK***

We had set up a small camp and were trying to cook some food. I looked over to Carl, "How hungry are you, scale of 1 to 10?" Carl answers instantly, "15." I look over to Michonne and she looks up at Carl jokingly, "28." I laughed, "Yeah. Well, it's been a while. I'm gonna go check the snares." As I stand up Carl looks to me, "Can I go with you?" I smile down at my boy, "Well, how else are you gonna learn?" I kick dirt into the fire before looking to Michonne, "Hey, you, too." Michonne nods standing up. We head out of our camp to go check the snares. I look to the two of them as we walk, "We'll stay another day or two. Get some more rest." "Finish healing up?" Michonne asks looking to me and I nod as we walk, "I'm almost there." Carl huffs, "We're close now, right? To Terminus?" He was tired of walking, we all were. I nod, "Yeah. We are." He nods, "When we get there, are we gonna tell them?" Michonne looks at him confused, "Tell them what?" Carl licks his lips, "Everything that's happened to us. All the stuff we've done. Are we gonna tell them the truth?" The truth. Do we tell them about the terrible things we have done to simply stay alive, or...? I sigh, "We're gonna tell them who we are." Carl shakes his head, "But how do you say that? I mean... who are we?" Before I could answer a walker snarling breaks our focus. As it heads towards us, cuts it in half.

A little while longer we come up to our traps, I smile seeing a rabbit in our trap, "There you go." I kneel down untying the animal from the string and placing it into my side bag, "It's a small one. It'll do." I grab the string looking to Carl, "So, this is just a simple  slipknot. Tie one on both ends, then you tighten one side to a branch," I pause motioning to the ground, "Now, you see how the ground here is sort of like a funnel shape?" Carl follows the pattern, "It's a trail?" I smile, "That's right. That's where you want to set the noose. So you hide  it with leaves. Then you put sticks all around it so any animals going  by have to run this way right into the trap." I show him sticking my hand in the noose and pulling it. "Help!  Somebody help!" We hear ring out. We all look up for a moment before Carl takes off running. "Carl." I warn but he doesn't stop. "Carl, stop! Carl!" I scream running after him. When we arrive to the scene we see a man surrounded by walkers screaming. Carl raises his gun, but I grab him before he can pull the trigger. He struggles against me as I pull him behind a tree, "We can't help him." The man starts to scream as the walkers began to rip him apart. Some of the walkers start to notice us. "We've got to go." Michonne whispers as we start to run back towards the track. We start to run forward when we see a small group of walkers, there was no way we could avoid the one in front and the ones behind us. I pulled out my gun before flipping it around and slamming it into the head of one of the walkers.

Flashback**

The sound of the curtain being pulled back and the sunlight filling the cell caused me to look up to the door. I see Hershel, "Morning." I look over to Madison sleeping as she held a sleeping Judith to her chest. "Everything okay?" I asked him quietly, not wanting to wake my girls. He nods, "Yeah, just want a little help with something." I rub my face, "What time is it?" Hershel shrugs, "I never know what time it is anymore. Ever since I gave Glenn my watch, it's always right now to me. It's early." Judith begins to stir within Madison's arms before waking up. I quietly pull her free from Madison's arms. Hershel looks over to someone, "They're decent." Beth walks into the cell and over to me, "Morning." Hershel look to Judith, "Bethy's gonna take Judith." Beth grabs Judith as she leaves the cell. I slowly get up, "What are we doing?" I reach for my gun belt and Hershel shakes his head, "You'll see. You're not going to need that. It'll just get in the way." I put it on anyways before heading to Madison, "Let me wake her." Hershel places a hand on my shoulder stopping me, "Let her rest. This pregnancy hasn't been easy on her. This is one of the first times neither the baby or Judith has woken her up early." I nod, "Okay, let's go."