83

Mads POV

Sasha comes into the church, "Guys, I can't find Bob. He went outside and now he's not there." Rick, Tyreese and I jump up, "We'll help you look." I handed Judith to Carl before grabbing my machete and rifle. "Did you see Carol and Daryl out there? They went outside too." Sasha shook her head. We all ran outside, Rick and Tyreese went one way and Sasha and I went the other. "Did he say where he was going?" I ask her and she shook her head. We hear a rustle and Sasha raises her rifle up looking through the night vision scope. I walk a few steps away from her when I hear her struggling. I run over to her to see her fighting off two walkers, she shoots one while I stab the other. Someone grabs us and I hear, "It's me. shh, it's me." Rick had scared the shit out of me. "Tyreese. He's getting away." Sasha pushes him away. We all look at her confused, "Who?" Sasha looks to me, "Somebody was watching us." Tyreese sighs, "If we go in there now, some of us aren't coming back." Sasha's eyes begin to water, "Bob is out there somewhere. Scared, alone." I place a hand on Sasha's shoulder, "Maybe not alone. Daryl and Carol are missing, too."

We walk back into the church and Sasha immediately walks up to Gabriel as he's cleaning silverware, "Stop. What are you doing? What are you doing?" He stops what he is doing looking at all of us confused. Sasha points to him, "This is all connected. You show up, we're being watched, and now three of us are gone." Gabriel looks wide eyed around to everyone, "I...I don't...I don't have anything to do with this." Sasha pulls out a knife and Rosita jumps towards her, "Wait! Don't!" Abraham grabs her holding her back. Tyreese looks to his sister, "Sasha, put it away." Sasha steps closer to Gabriel, "Who's out there?" Gabriel raises his hands up, "I-- I don't have anything... to do with this." Sasha speaks harshly, but calmly, "Where are our people?" Gabriel flinches, "I don't have anything to-" Sasha cuts him off screaming, "Where are our people?!" Gabriel looks to her pleadingly, "Please, I don't have anything to do with this." Rick walks up to Sasha pulling her back into me. I wrap an arm around her softly, grabbing the knife from her hand slowly before placing it back into her waistband. Rick looks to Gabriel, "Why'd you bring us here?" Gabriel looks around, "Please, I-" Rick cuts him off, "You working with someone?" Gabriel sighs, "I'm alone. I'm alone. I was always alone." "What about the woman in the food bank, Gabriel? What did you do to her? You were ready to let her kill you, if I hadn't taken care of her." I asked him and he didn't answer. Rick pressed harder, "'You'll burn for this.'
That was for you. Why? What are you gonna burn for, Gabriel?" Gabriel stayed quiet for a moment so Rick stepped forward grabbing him roughly, "What? What did you do? What did you do?!" Gabriel pushed Rick off of him before he looked around, his breathing became unstable as he spoke, trying not to cry, "I lock the doors at night. I always lock the doors at night. I always lock the doors at night. I always-" He stopped as he started crying before trying to pull himself together, "They started coming, my congregation. Atlanta was bomb the night before and they were scared. They were-- they were looking for a safe place, a place where they felt safe. And it was so early. It was so early. And the doors were still locked." He paused getting chocked up as he spoke, "You see... it was my choice. There were so many of them and they were trying to pry the shutters and banging on the sidings, screaming at me. And so the dead came for them. Women... children. Entire families calling my name as they were torn apart, begging me for mercy." He begin to sob, "Begging me for mercy. Damning me to hell. I buried their bones. I buried it all. The Lord sent you here to finally punish me." Gabriel dropped to the ground sobbing, "I'm damned. I was damned before. I always lock the doors. I always lock the doors." There was a whistle sound coming from outside and Maggie and Glenn check the windows, "There's something- there's someone outside lying in the grass." Sasha ran outside as I yelled for her, "Sasha!" We followed her outside to see Bob lying on the ground. "Oh! Bob!" Sasha looks at him. I look down at his leg to see it's been amputated, I cover my mouth, "His leg." "Get Bob inside. We'll take care of them." Glenn yells to us as they start killing walkers. Sasha looks up to me sobbing, "Can you help me, please? Help me. Help me." Sasha, Tara, and I begin to lift Bob up when we hear a gunshot and hear Rick yell, "Get inside! Go!" We quickly move Bob inside as fast as we could carrying him into the middle of the aisle before laying him down.

"I was in the graveyard. Somebody knocked me out. I woke up outside this place. It looked like a school. It was that guy, Gareth. And five other ones. They were eating my leg right in front of me. Like it was nothing. All proud like they had it all figured out." Bob told us as Sasha held his hand. My eyes began to water a little listening to how sick these people were. I knew all about the Terminus people being cannibals, but hearing it and seeing it were two very different things. Rick looked to Bob, "Did they have Daryl and Carol?" Bob shook his head, "Gareth said they drove off." I looked at him confused, "Drove off? They left us?" Before Bob could answer he started groaning in pain. Sasha looked to Rosita, "He's in pain. Do we have anything?" Rosita nods, "I think there are pill packets in the first aid kit." Rosita goes to move, but Bob stops her, "Save 'em." Sasha shakes her head, "No." Bob nods pulling the neck of his shirt over to reveal a large bite on his shoulder, "Really. It happened at the food bank." Sasha began to cry, "It's okay." The same face was written on everyone's faces as they saw the bite, we all knew that Bob was going to die. Bob passes out and Sasha looks to him, "Bob?" "There's a sofa in my office. I know it's not much, but..." Gabriel speaks up. Sasha looks up at him and nods, "Thank you." Tyreese stands up, "I got him." Rick and I walk over to Gabriel. "Do you know the place Bob was talking about?" Gabriel nods, "It's an elementary school. It's close." Rick looks to him, "How close?" Gabriel doesn't answer so I step forward, "How close, Gabriel?" Gabriel looks at us, "It's just a 10-minute walk through the woods from here, due south of the graveyard."

Judith started crying and Carl took her over and tried to calm her as we dealt with the situation. "Does he have a fever?" Rick asked Maggie and she shook her head, "He's just warm." Glenn looks to Rick and I, "Jim lasted almost two days before we left him." Abraham looked to us, "Time for a reality check. We all need to leave for DC right now." I looked at him angrily, " My daughter's still out there, and Daryl and Carol are gonna be back. We're not going anywhere without them." Abraham looked at me, "You're daughters been gone for months, she's dead. And they drove off. While I respect that, but there's a clear threat here to Eugene. I need to extract his ass before things get any uglier. So if y'all won't come, good luck to you. We'll go our separate ways." Angrily I go to move towards him, but Rick stops me. Rick looks to Abraham as he was leaving, "You leaving on foot?" Abraham turns around, "We fixed that damn bus ourselves." Rick walks up to him, "There are a lot more of us." Abraham nods, "You want to keep it that way? You should come." Rick looked at him angrily, "Carol and Madison saved your life. We saved your life." "Well, I am trying to save yours. Save everyone's." Abraham yelled loudly. Rick shook his head, "We're not going anywhere without our people." Abraham scoffed, "Your people took off." Rick glared at him, "They're coming back." "To what, picked-over bones?!" Abraham yelled back. Rick pointed his finger into Abraham's chest, "You're not taking-" Abraham cut him off pushing his hands away, "Do not lay hands!" Glenn gets between the two pushing both of them back, "Hey, hey, stop! Now!" He looks to Abraham, "Do you really think that you're gonna be any safer leaving right now in the middle of the night?" Abraham glare at him, "Yeah. Yeah." Glenn looks at Abraham, "What about tomorrow? We need each other for this. We need each other to get to DC. We can get through all of it together." Tara steps up, "I have an idea. If you stay just one more day and help, I'll go with you to DC no matter what. Okay?" Abraham looks to Glenn, "Glenn and Maggie, too." Rick shook his head, "No." Abraham sighs, "Good luck, then. I'm not interested in breaking up what you have here. Rosita, grab your gear." "Abraham-" She tries, but Abraham cuts her off, "Now." Abraham looks to Eugene, "Eugene, let's go." When he doesn't move he orders him again, "Eugene. Move it." Eugene shakes his head, "I don't want to." Abraham looks to him angrily, "Now." Eugene gets up, "Okay." Rick looks to him, "You're not taking the bus." Abraham turns to look at him, "Try to stop me." It's silent for a moment until Rick strides towards Abraham, Glenn gets between the two again, "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait! Hey, hey, hey!" Glenn looks to Abraham, "You stay-- you stay and help us, and we will go with you." Rick shakes his head, "No." Glenn looks to him, "It's not your call." He looks back to Abraham, "You stay, help us." Abraham sighs, "Half a day. Come high noon, we're taillights. I'm not waiting for the other damn shoe to drop." Maggie nods, "And we will leave with you." Abraham nods, "12 hours. Then we go."