63-64

C-63

"That's right. It's been twenty-three years, and the events of that year still seem to have occurred yesterday …" Ming Chengyan could not help but sigh.

After Ming Chengyan finished explaining the happy news, he continued to talk about the situation in the capital, as well as the situation in the imperial palace, and told Su Zhizhong about everything he knew about the situation there.

Su Zhizhong listened silently as Ming Chengyan talked about the recent developments in the palace, the harem, and even the Su Family.

He had placed all that Ming Chengyan had said at heart.

Although he had left the imperial court over the years, his heart was still tied to the imperial court even after being an official for so many years.

However, since he was demoted here, he had no power or influence. So what if his heart was with the imperial government? He could only feel powerless.

Seeing that he was about to finish his game of chess, Ming Chengyan looked at the time and decided to take his leave.

"It's getting late. This King should go back."

"Since it's rare to come here, why don't you stay for lunch before leaving, your highness? "It's just that my home is simple and crude, and I might not be able to properly entertain you. I hope that Your Highness does not mind."

Su Zhizhong sincerely invited.

This time, Ming Chengyan had condescended to come here due to old friendship. Not to mention, he had even brought such good news.

"There's no need. According to the current situation, Master Su's family will be able to return to the capital in a few days. This king will prepare a good feast to welcome you."

As soon as Ming Chengyan finished his words, he threw down the last chess piece. The outcome of the chess game was already decided, "At that time, this king will definitely drink to the fullest with the Master Su, and I will not leave until I'm drunk."

He slowly stood up, his deep eyes looked at Su Zhizhong who was much older than him, and sighed in his heart.

The carriage was still waiting outside.

When the carriage driver saw Ming Chengyan and the Madame Ye, he immediately bowed.

"Zong Wen, it's rare for the two of you to come back. Why not stay at home and accompany the Master Su? There's no need to rush back to the Manor."

Ming Chengyan saw that Su Zongwen and Shen Zhu had also come out, so he gave some instructions before getting on the carriage.

"Thank you for your kindness, Your Highness."

Su Zongwen gave a simple bow.

"Alright, there's no need to send me off. It's cold outside, quickly go back."

Madame Ye and Madame Chen parted ways before boarding the carriage and opened the curtain as they spoke.

The horse carriage slowly turned around and headed out of the village. The two people in the carriage could clearly hear the sounds of people sending them off.

"This old official respectfully sends you off, your highness and your imperial concubine."

Su Family and his men only returned to the house after seeing the horse carriage had already gone far away.

Madame Chen saw that Su Zhizhong's smile did not decrease even for a moment when he walked out the door to his room. He was a little puzzled in his heart, "What did the Prince say to you? Why are you so happy? "