85-86

C-85

The horse carriage travelled through the bustling streets, passing by all the way until it reached the palace gates.

Inside the palace, one could neither ride a horse nor ride a horse carriage, and had to walk. Thus, when they arrived at the entrance, the two of them got off the horse carriage.

Because they were familiar with the palace, both Ming Chengyan and Madame Ye did not need a eunuch to lead them in.

Ming Chengyan had to go in the right direction to head to the Imperial Study Palace to meet the Emperor, while Madame Ye went in the left direction to visit the Empress and the Great Eldest Princess.

"Prince, Princess."

Suddenly, a beautiful female voice came from not too far away, following that, a girl wearing a dark blue brocade dress walked over to the two of them.

The woman had an oval face with bright eyes and white teeth. Her every movement exuded an indescribable charm. Even though she was close to forty years old, the skin on her face was exquisite, and she did not seem to be more than twenty years old.

As soon as she finished speaking, she slowly walked towards Ming Chengyan and Madame Ye, followed by the four palace maids and the two eunuchs.

"This old official greets Imperial Concubine Noble Consort."

"This subject greets Imperial Consort Noble Consort."

When Ming Chengyan and the Madame Ye saw this person, they immediately bowed.

"Your Highness, Princess, there's no need to be so courteous." Noble Consort Su opened his mouth, his words and actions were dignified and refined.

"The prince entered the palace to look for the emperor, right?" She had just come out from the Emperor's Imperial Study, so she instantly guessed Ming Chengyan's motive for coming here.

"Exactly." Ming Chengyan nodded.

"Since that's the case, I won't delay Your Highness any longer. It's been a long time since I've had a talk with Princess Hua-Yang. You can rest assured, Your Highness." Noble Consort Su held onto Madame Ye's hand, the words were filled with intimacy.

"Yes, this official will take his leave." Ming Chengyan did not linger after hearing what he said, and started to walk towards the Imperial Study.

"Is the wangfei here to pay respects to the empress?" Seeing that he had left, Noble Consort Su turned to look at him.

"That's right, I came to visit elder sister as well." Madame Ye nodded. Looking at Noble Consort Su's glowing face, he felt more at ease.

The Noble Consort Su laughed, "Since the wangfei is going to the empress palace, and I have to go back, why not go with me?"

"Of course it's good." The Madame Ye nodded and followed him as he walked forward.

"How has Noble Consort been lately?" In fact, there was no need to say much. Just from Noble Consort Su's face, she could tell that Noble Consort Su had been living quite well recently.

"I've been doing quite well recently. I'll have to trouble you, Princess Consort, to remember this." The two of them started chatting, talking about family matters.

After walking for some time, coincidentally, there was a pavilion for resting not far away, so Noble Consort Su suggested that they should rest here first. Madame Ye nodded with a smile.

Noble Consort Su pulled Madame Ye's hand and sat down, then he waved Gong'e away from him, allowing them to stand guard on the small path not far away, while he and Madame Ye sat in the pavilion and chatted.