81-82

C-81

Su Zongwen looked at Ming Yuchen. His face was as pale as paper and carried an indescribable loneliness.

"I'm just asking."

Ming Yuchen said indifferently, he once again looked up at the Plum Blossom, his expression lonely.

Su Zongwen pondered for a moment and in his heart, he had already guessed the gist of it.

In the past few days, he had more or less heard about the matter of the main house speaking to the Duke and the consort and not letting Shen Zhu recuperate on Ming Yuchen's behalf.

"Young Mistress, look at these pure white snow and plum blossoms covered in trees." Su Zongwen said. Seeing that Ming Yuchen was looking at him, he continued: "Little master, do you think that in this vast snow land and this plum blossom that is releasing a delicate fragrance, is there anything better?"

"Meixian's snow has three parts white, but the snow has lost one part of the incense. Each side has their own strengths, and none of them has won against the other."

Ming Yuchen thought for a moment, then said.

Su Zongwen continued: "Just as little master has said, there is no such thing as the United States. One's life is short and bitter, and one must be content and happy.

"Life does not go according to one's wishes. Young master must know, do your best, and do not force anything. As long as you do not forget your original intentions, you will always be there."

Ming Yuchen's words were like lamps lit in a lonely and cold night, causing his originally extremely weak heart to become stronger bit by bit.

Even if he was sick now, it didn't mean that he couldn't do anything, and it didn't mean that he was a burden. As long as he studied diligently, he would definitely be able to display his abilities in the future.

"Young master is not feeling well. Is it because of your illness?"

Ming Yuchen was quiet for a moment, then nodded his head, and told Su Zongwen about what he heard when he was outside the door.

After Su Zongwen heard this, he did not look surprised at all. He only remained silent for a while, then spoke out: "You should not blame the wangfei, and even more so your mother. They must have their own unspeakable difficulties, saying that the tiger is poisonous and will not eat the child, let alone the family members with whom you are thicker than the water, the wangfei loves the little mistress the most."

"I thought that people like me, who are unable to contribute to the imperial government while unable to be filial to the family, should be useless people who no one dotes on."

Ming Yuchen's jade-like face revealed a trace of a smile, "It seems that's not the case."

At least there were a few more now.

"It's good that little master can think of a solution. Since the wind is strong here, little master should return quickly."

Seeing that he had thought things through, Su Zongwen did not say anymore and did the job of protecting the courtyard. After the little mistress left, Su Zongwen left the manor again and went to find the things that the Duke and Princess had brought back to the Moon Slaughter Devil Nest according to the instructions given by the Uncle Chen.

Seventh day of the first month

Ming Chengyan and his group had already planned to return to the capital today.

Madame Jiang woke up very early in the morning. Seeing the servant girls packing their bags, he couldn't help but think of Ming Yuchen.

The more Madame Jiang thought about it, the more unbearable it became. In the end, she covered her face and cried softly. Not long after, she felt a dull pain in her abdomen.