Chapter 42

From the moment Mr. Pei opened the door, Zhou Yan felt that his existence seemed to be redundant. President Pei and Cheng Xia looked at each other, she was caught in the middle like sitting on pins and needles, Zhou Yan simply found an excuse to take the initiative to slip away: "President Pei, Cheng Xia, you talk first, I'll buy you some breakfast."

When Zhou Yan passed by Mr. Pei, Pei Shaoze looked at her and said in a low voice: "I watched Cheng Xia all night last night. It was a hard work. The matter has been resolved. You should go back to rest after buying breakfast and take care of Cheng Xia. ."

Zhou Yan nodded hurriedly: "Okay President Pei, I will let Sister Rong take care of him."

After she left, Pei Shaoze walked to Cheng Xia's bed. Seeing that Cheng Xia's complexion improved a lot, he was not as pale as when he first met yesterday, so he finally relaxed and sat on Cheng Xia's bed.

Cheng Xia cared softly: "President Pei, did you not sleep last night?"

Alpha's spirit didn't look very good. There were sporadic stubbles on his chin after staying up late. The voice he spoke just now was thick and hoarse, and his throat seemed to be rubbed with sandpaper. Obviously, his throat was very dry. He really worked so hard. In order to check the halal connecting night, he changed the ticket and hurried back to Rongcheng without saying. He stayed up all night to go to the police station to submit evidence.

The exhausted Alpha made Cheng Xia a little distressed. He hurriedly picked up the water glass on the bedside table and handed it to Pei Shaoze, and said seriously: "Drink a glass of water first. This is a new glass that Sister Yan just poured for me. , I haven't drunk it."

Pei Shaoze couldn't help but curled up his mouth: "You are a patient, and I came to see you, but why did you give me water to drink?"

Cheng Xia's ears turned red, and stubbornly put the water cup into Pei Shaoze's hand: "My voice is dumb, first drink some water to moisturize my throat."

Pei Shaoze did not refuse. He was busy all night and his throat was indeed dry. The temperature of the water that Cheng Xia handed him was just right, and he took it and drank several sips in a row. I was busy all night in the cold wind last night, and my body was almost unconscious from the cold. Now, as warm water enters my throat, my limbs are gradually warming, and my heart seems to warm up.

He drank a glass of water, then put the glass back on the bedside table, looked at Cheng Xia, and asked softly like a parent: "How is the wound? Is it feeling better?"

Cheng Xia smiled brightly: "It's much better, and the wound doesn't hurt. Dr. Qin came to see this morning and he said that after two days of rest, I can be discharged after the stitches are removed."

Pei Shaoze was completely relieved: "That's good."

He was silent for a moment, then suddenly said in a low voice: "Who is the one who hurt you, Zhou Yan has already told you?"

Last night, the whole crew made a mess. In the end, Pei Shaoze asked the leader behind the punks. When the punks were sent to the police, everyone saw it. Director Liu must have notified Zhou Yan and Cheng Xia. Will know the first time.

But Pei Shaoze only told the police about Zhao Wenxiu's motive for committing the crime. The crew only knew that the gangster was instigated by the former agent of Cheng Xia, Zhao Wenxiu, and everyone was still at a loss as to why. Everyone guessed that it was likely that Zhao Wenxiu and Cheng Xia were not getting along well, and Mr. Pei drove Zhao Wenxiu out of Tianxuan. Zhao Wenxiu held a grudge, so he took revenge on Cheng Xia.

As for the fact that Cheng Xia once climbed onto the boss's bed, it is still undisclosed.

Hearing the other party's questioning, Cheng Xia nodded, took out her mobile phone to find Zhao Wenxiu who had been blocked, and showed Pei Shaoze the previous chat records, guessing: "Maybe I scolded him and blocked him. Zhao Wenxiu wants to retaliate against me."