Chapter 49

This hotel is located in the mountains, 2 hours' drive from the city center. The transportation is not convenient. Therefore, there are supermarkets and pharmacies at the door of the hotel to provide residents with essential daily necessities. Cheng Xia wore black short sleeves, a mask and a peaked cap, and went downstairs to the pharmacy to buy cold medicine, anti-fever medicine and an electronic thermometer. Then he took the elevator to the 20th floor.

It was eleven o'clock in the evening, and no acquaintances were encountered in the elevator.

Cheng Xia breathed a sigh of relief and rang the doorbell at the door of Room 01 on the 20th floor.

Soon, Pei Shaoyan came out to open the door. He poked his head out, looked around, and saw that there was no one in the hallway. Then he relaxed, and said in a low voice to Cheng Xia, "Cheng Xia, please take care of Mr. Pei first. I have something urgent at home. Go out to answer the phone. !" The subtext is: I'm not a light bulb anymore, you two talk slowly.

Cheng Xia thought to herself, Xiao Yan, as an assistant, actually found an excuse to go out to answer the phone when President Pei was sick. It seems that Xiao Yan already knew his relationship with President Pei, so he wanted him to be alone with President Pei? Or is this what Mr. Pei meant?

After understanding, Cheng Xia immediately smiled at Xiao Yan, nodded and said: "Go ahead, rest assured, I will take care of him."

The communication between the two is still without obstacles.

Pei Shaoyan turned around and slipped away. The speed was as fast as a prisoner who had been detained for a long time was going out to guard against the wind. Anyway, the eldest brother is usually in such good health, and there should be no problem with a small cold. He is really relieved to give the eldest brother to Cheng Xia.

Cheng Xia walked into the room.

President Pei lives in a suite with two bedrooms and a small study. At this time, there are two laptops on the desk of the study, both of which are turned off. There are a few clothes piled on the bed in one bedroom. In Xiao Yan's style, he turned and walked to the other bedroom.

Pei Shaoze really lay on the bed.

The man wore a white bathrobe and frowned, looking very uncomfortable. Mr. Pei, who has always been tough, actually looked like this when he was sick. Cheng Xia was a little distressed. He immediately poured a cup of warm water to the bed and reached out to help him up: "President Pei, have a glass of water."

Pei Shaoze, with a splitting headache, realized that someone was helping him, and struggling to open his eyes.

The person in front of you seems familiar? Pei Shaoze squinted his eyes for a long time, only to realize that the person sitting by the bed looked a bit like Cheng Xia. He thought he had hallucinations, frowned and pressed his temples hard, but after a while, the figure in front of him became clearer-it was indeed Cheng Xia.

The young man was looking at him worriedly, his clear eyes filled with distress: "President Pei? How are you, is it uncomfortable?"

Pei Shaoze regained some consciousness and struggled to sit up: "Cheng Xia?"

Cheng Xia nodded: "Yeah."

Pei Shaoze frowned: "Why are you here? Where is Xiao Yan?"

Cheng Xia explained in a low voice, "Xiao Yan is in a hurry at home. He went out to answer the phone and I will take care of you."

Pei Shaoze understood immediately-this younger brother, probably thought he was really in love with Cheng Xia, so he called Cheng Xia to take care of him. Pei Shaoze's throat was dry as if smoking, and his voice was hoarse when he spoke: "I'm fine. Today I had a cold air in the air-conditioned room for a day, and I just caught a cold. Don't worry."