Chapter 1

~Friday

-Camilla

I rushed off the bus and ran as fast as I could with heels on into the building.
It was raining and I forgot my umbrella.

So now I'm wet and freezing.

"Camilla you're late and Mrs.Rivers is already pissed?" The front desk secretary Claire said.

"I know I know my bus ran late." I told her walking passed her desk.

I went to my office and sat my things down. And went straight to Mrs.Rivers office.

Once I got to her door I knocked.

"Come in." She said aggravated.

I sighed. This was going to be a long day. I opened the door and Mrs.Rivers was at her window looking at her phone. She looked over at me and frowned.

"Camilla it's nice of you to join me." And she looked me up and down. "And you're wet."

"I apologize ma'am my bus ran late and it started raining. I didn't bring my umbrella."

She rolled her eyes and sat at her desk.

"Camilla we have a client and this is a huge client. Meaning we can not mess this up. They want us to decorate the whole mansion."

A mansion. We have never decorated something so big before. Houses yes. Of course random rooms. But not an entire mansion.

"When do they want to get together?"

She groaned. "In about ten minutes. They are on their way here. So please dry off or something because I swear to God if you mess this up. Your fired."

I wanted to roll my eyes but I needed this job so I can move out of my parents house. I'm 22 for goodness sake.

I walked out of her office and went to mine. How the hell am I suppose to dry in ten minutes. Plus my hair is about to turn into a fro real soon.

Think fast Camilla. Oh duh my dumbass has an extra outfit just for emergencies. I closed my office door and my outfit was hanging on the back of my door. I quickly changed into my outfit and went to my bottom desk drawer and grabbed a twisty and put my hair up.

"Alright Camilla you got this. You are going to not mess this up. You need this promotion even if it means still working for a bitch." I said giving myself a nice little pep talk.

I opened my door and my coworker Marco was there about to knock.

Marco was a very handsome man who has tried plenty of times to go out on a date but has failed everytime. I just couldn't date a coworker.

"Yes Marco."

"Did you hear who was here?" He asked me.

I shook my head. "I just know this person could make or break us basically."

"Yeah it's Adonis Salvador. This guy is bad news Camilla. And I want you to be safe."

I smiled at him. "Well thank you for the heads up but I think I should be good."

I only walked a few steps away before Marco grabbed my hand. I looked at him.

"Camilla I'm serious. He isn't a good dude. Don't make him angry. Trust me you don't want to get on his bad side." He told me with a straight face.

"Alright Marco I understand." I told him and walked away.

I made it to the conference room and there was a group of men standing up but my eyes went straight to the man sitting down.

It felt has if he was staring straight into my soul. I had to shake this feeling I was feeling and start the meeting.

"Mr.Salvador thank you for meeting with me. I am Camilla Jenkins. I will be helping you decorate your place." I told him.

All he did was nod. So I took a seat.

After I showed him what I can do once again all he did was nod throughout the meeting and then he left with the men that was standing behind him.

Umm that was different. Usually people interject with what I have to say and want to change things. But he just sat there. Honestly I wondered what he was thinking.

-Adonis

I walked out of the building and looked up at it. I found her.

"She's the one." I told my guys.

"Bruce and Ethan you are to protect her."

"Yes sir." They told me.

"Just don't be creepy because if you scare her off. And if she gets hurt I will put a bullethole right about here." I told them pointing at Bruce's forehead.

I opened my car door and sat in the backseat and waited for my driver Reggie to pull off.

.

.

Camilla

Adonis

.

.

.
.

.

.

.

New story alert. This is going to be the only story that I am writing for now. I lowkey have ideas but they never come together until I start writing that chapter. So I hope you guys will stay and read my newest book