Chapter 8

~Monday

-Camilla

Today I'm moving into my new apartment. I can't believe I have a new place and a man. Honestly I didn't think I would.

I love how much Adonis respects the fact that I want to live on my own. I mean even though we live in the same building. He has a penthouse.

"Hey baby I have to take care of some business but I'll be back later tonight." He kissed my cheek.

"Alright."

"And if you need anything Bruce here is your personal bodyguard."

I looked at Adonis. "Do I really have to have one?"

He smiled and kissed my forehead and grabbed my face softly. "Baby now that you are with me it's very risky. I hate bringing up what happened a few days ago but it could be worse than that."

I sighed knowing he is right. I got myself into a relationship with a man who has some enemies.

"Alright. I guess you're right."

He gave me a smile and once again kissed my forehead.

"Now I'll be back baby".

"Okay can you let me know when you are on your way?" I asked him as he was walking to the door.

"Yes I will. I shouldn't be long." He told me opening the door. "Bruce is in the building just press the button right here." He said pointing to the third button on the wall.

"What are the other buttons for?" I asked him.

He smirked at me. "I'll show you later." He told me.

"Sounds dirty." I told him making him wink at me before he closed the door.

I looked around my place. Oh my gosh it's so good to say that. MY place.

Adonis had already got my furniture. This man even got me a freaking king size bed. Now I would be alright with just a full size bed. I mean I've been sleeping on one for as long as I can remember.

I got to the refrigerator and there's no food. I couldn't help but laugh. He did everything but get food. Shit I'm not sure if I would rather have the food or the furniture. But honestly I'm grateful that Adonis has done this for me.

I guess it's time to go grocery shopping.

I went to my room and got my purse and also my phone.

I went over to the door and pressed the button.

"Yes Miss Jenkins?"

"I'm going to the store I need to buy groceries."

"Alright ma'am. I'll be around if you need me."

"Thank you." 

I'm happy that he at least gives me space. And doesn't follow me around all close and stuff.

I opened my front door and then turned around and locked it. I went to the elevator and pressed the button.

I wonder what I should cook tonight. I thought to myself. I really want to cook for Adonis and make it special since he has been doing so much for me.

I mean I don't have the money but I sure can cook.

Once I got on the elevator I pressed the L button and waited to go down. Soon the elevator stopped and I got out and went to my car.

Adonis made me a special parking spot so I don't have to walk far. I think it's sweet cause Lord knows what could happen at night.

I unlocked my car door and got inside. As soon as I got in I locked my doors then started up the car.

I drove to Walmart which was only ten minutes away.

——————-

As i was shopping for food I decided I wanted to get some wine. Not sure if he drinks it but I love Stella Rosa. It really relaxes me.

I grabbed two bottles and put them in my cart.

"Mmm I knew one day I would find your stupid ass."  I turned around and there he was Nigel.

I rolled my eyes and turned back around. I'm not going to be dealing with his foolishness anymore. My mother can have him. I mean she chose him and drugs over me.

"Oh no little bitch you aren't going anyway."

He said charging at me. Soon Bruce was in front of me.

"Now if I were you I would turn the other way before things get messy." He told Nigel.

Nigel scoffed. "This is my daughter. Who the fuck are you."

"Someone you don't want to fucking mess with. And it's obvious she doesn't want to talk to your goofy ass so like I fucking said turn the other way."

Nigel looked at me and pointed. "This ain't over bitch."

Once again I rolled my eyes. "Looks like it is." I told him.

Nigel walked away angry. And I just couldn't stop smiling.

"Umm thank you." I told Bruce.

He turned and nodded his head. "It's my job Miss Jenkins."

"Umm can you not tell Adonis about this please." I sorta begged him.

"But I have to or I'll probably be six feet under."

"I understand but can you let me tell him about this."

Bruce nodded his head. "Yes ma'am." And he walked away from me.

I can't believe I saw Nigel. Especially early in the day. This man is usually hung over or still drunk at his house.

I didn't want to tell Adonis about my stepfather but I know I have to. Because I don't want Bruce telling him because he will still come and ask me about it.

And I also don't want him killing Bruce because he didn't tell.

Ugh maybe with a romantic dinner I can ease my way into telling him.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Y'all I apologize for not writing sooner. Y'all I've been sick then got busy and adulthood sucks y'all.

But I hope you enjoyed this little chapter. Hopefully I can write another soon.