Chapter 12

~Saturday

-Camilla

She looked at me and I looked at her. And she started laughing and came over to me and hugged me from behind.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Elena said.

"Language Elena." His mom said.

"My bad. Oh my gosh Cammy you look so beautiful."

I smiled. "Thanks so do you."

"Hold on I'm confused. How do you two know which other?" Adonis asked.

"Yes I wonder that because Elena has about zero friends." Antonio said laughing.

She glared at him. "Shut up you baby Ant."

"Don't call me that. You're literally only five minutes older." He said huffing.

"ANYWAY!! We use to be in yogo class together before she just stopped coming and that was a few years ago."

She hugged me again. "I have missed you. We have some serious catching up to do. Starting off." She looked at me then at Adonis.

"Donnie this is your girlfriend."

He cleared his throat. "Correction my woman. And yes."

"You can do much better." She whispered in my ear making me laugh a little.

"Shut up Elena." He said through his teeth.

"Elena come sit your behind down so we can start eating." His mom said.

I can't believe Elena is his sister. It's such a small world.

When my dad got sick. I wanted to be by his side the whole time so I just stopped doing a lot of things. And when he died I just didn't want to continue doing anything.

"So Camilla did Adonis explain what he does for work?" His dad asked me.

"Yes he explained everything to me."

His dad nodded his head. "Good. Starting off honest in the relationship."

After brunch I got Elena's number. She really wants to reconnect. And I wouldn't mind it.

"Baby did you enjoy yourself?" Adonis asked as we were in the backseat of the car.

"I did. I didn't think I would see Elena again."

"That's crazy that you knew my sister."

I nodded. "Yeah such a small world." I told him.

He grabbed my hand and then he kissed it. "You make me very happy." He told me. I couldn't help but smile at that.

Adonis's phone began to ring. He reached into his jacket pocket of his suit.

He looked at his phone and groaned. "Yes?"

I just looked at the window. I am finally becoming happy all because of Adonis. Who would have thought a man could make me happy.

"BOSS GET DOWN"! I heard Reggie yell from the front seat.

Adonis quickly grabbed me and pulled me down holding on to me. And soon I heard gun shots and the windows breaking.

Reggie drove faster. And everything just went by so fast.

"Reggie 748." He yelled out.

"Got it boss".

I felt the car jerk. And it came to a stop.

Adonis let me go and I heard the car door open. I was too scared to even get up.

"Stay down baby stay down." Adonis whispered in my ear.

All I could do is nod.

I felt him let go of me and the car door shut. Did he just get out of the car. Someone was just fucking shooting at us and this man gets out of the car closing it.

I hear gun shots and that made me scream out of fright.

The gun shots soon stopped but I was not about to get my big ass up.

I heard the door open and look over and Adonis got in the car fixing his suit.

"Are you okay?" I asked him sitting up.

"Baby I'm fine. Are you?" He grabbed my face softly and rubbed my cheek with his thumb.

"Yes but what happened? Why did they shoot at us?"

"Honestly baby I couldn't tell you there are a lot of people that want me dead."

"I know you already told me about your work but aren't you afraid."

He smiled at me. "Baby if I was afraid I promise you I wouldn't be doing this."

He continued to rub my cheek and looked me straight in the eyes. "Camilla if you want out let me know now because I completely understand."

I shook my head. "No I'm all in." I told him smiling.

He pulled me into a hug and then kissed my lips. "I promise you nothing and I mean nothing will ever happen to you. I put that on my life."

.

.

.

.

.

.

Y'all I am so sorry I haven't updated. I've been so busy with so much. I haven't had the time.

But I hope you enjoyed this rushed chapter.