Chapter 18

-Thursday

-Camilla

Today Adonis is going to let me talk to Claire one on one. Because honestly I need to get to the bottom of it. It's really eating me alive. I shouldn't but I've known Claire for awhile now. She was there when my father died. I was there when her parents died. Why take me though?

There was a knock at my door. I went and looked through my peephole and it was Adonis. I opened the door and he was smiling.

"Hello beautiful! Are you ready?"

"Yeah I'm ready."

Once we got to his "office place" he took me down a long hallway and we stopped in front of a door.

"Alright baby. I will be right outside of this door. I am not going anywhere. Just open the door and I'll be right here."

I nodded. And Adonis opened the door. She was sitting in a chair with her hands behind her back.

I took a deep breath and walked into the room. I looked back and nodded to Adonis and he pointed at the door. "I'm right here." He mouthed to me and then closed the door.

Claire looked up and smiled. "Oh my gosh Camilla I'm so glad to se-"

"Save the shit." I told her cutting her off.

I sat in the chair across from her.

"I'm just going to cut right to it. Why did you lie to Adonis. Knowing damn well your parents died in a damn fire. You aren't a foster kid. You're a grown ass woman."

She shook her head. "Camilla that was the only way I knew I wouldn't die. I had to lie. Believe me. I would never kidnap you if my life wasn't in danger."

I rolled my eyes at her. Does she not know I know when she's lying.

"Seriously Claire cut the bullshit. And just be honest."

Her scared look changed to an evil look. "Bitch do you not know how hard it was to be your fucking friend just to get this fucking close and still ain't get you killed. I was assigned to get friendly and bring you to my employer. This fool has been wanting you forever. And let me tell you bitch you ain't a fucking prize."

I thought about it. "Hmm that's not what my man told me last night. And I'm not the one that is handcuffed to a fucking chair."

"Only reason is because I wasn't as careful as I thought. If that dumbass didn't hire fucking guards to watch you 24/7 your ass would be dead. Those guys I paid for. Not my employer. I wanted you dead. You think because you had everything you could have my employer too. Fuck you."

I couldn't help but laugh. "So you are jealous of me." I just kept laughing. "Girl you need help because my life hasn't been peaches and cream. So you are jealous of what you saw. Girl you straight up tripping. My life sucked before I met Adonis."

"You think it's funny. Just wait ill get exactly what I want."

"And what's that." I leaned forward.

"You dead. Your head on a sliver platter."

"It's going to be hard for you to do that. When you're dead." I smiled at her. Making her evil smile disappear.

I got up and walked to the door. Then turned back and looked at her.

"Oh and it was great catching up with you before you died. Bye bye bitch."

I opened the door and saw Adonis smiling at me. "What?" I asked.

"You are a badass." He kissed my lips making me laugh.

I closed. "Yeah you can definitely kill her. But I would get her to spill who she works for first. That way you can get that creepy weirdo."

Adonis smiled at me. "Oh baby I'm already one step ahead. We have been looking at her records and bank statements to figure it out."

Of course he is. He's been doing this for awhile.

"Baby do you want to kill her?" Adonis asked me.

I quickly shook my head. "Oh no now that's something I can't do."

Adonis laughed. "Okay baby. I'm just making sure. Because the way you handled her in there was amazing."

He pulled me closer to him and he smelled amazing.

"Baby I'm going to take you to my office while I finish up some work and we can leave and get some breakfast."

"Can we go to the little cottage you took me too one our first date."

He kissed my forehead smiling. "Yes we can baby. I can't believe you remembered my family's restaurant."

I smiled at him. "Of course it was so lovely."

We walked to his office and he sat at his desk. "Baby you can sit on the couch."

I nodded and went over to his couch and sat down. I looked over at Adonis and he was so focused. It was hot. I wondered how I got so lucky to have someone like him. The butterflies in my stomach hadn't gone away since meeting him.

He's a great man.

.

.

.

.

.
.
.

.

.

Happy Saturday lovelies. I hope you are enjoying your day.

Don't forget to vote and comment.