Chapter 17

~Monday Night

-Adonis

I took Camilla to the finest restaurant in town. Reasons we are so dressed up. They have a dress code. I opened the restaurant door for Camilla and she walked in.

"Thank you. Such a gentleman." She told me smiling.

I smiled and walked in after her.

"Mr.Salvador your table is ready." The host said. And we followed him to our table.

"Enjoy your meal." He said and walked away.

"Adonis this is a big booth. Are we expecting people?"

I laughed a little. "No baby. But this is the only booth where I can sit next to you." I kissed her cheek.

I let her scoot in first and then I slid beside her.

"Baby I need to talk to you." I told her.

She looked from her menu. "Everything okay?"

"I told you before that I didn't want to keep anything from you. And I won't."

"What's wrong?" She asked concerned.

"Well I had to look into who was trying to kidnap you and then also who shot at us. That's my job to keep you safe."

"Of course. I know."

"So I found out that the person who paid the guys to kidnap you."

"Oh really? Who was it?"

I cleared my throat. "Umm well baby it was Claire."

She looked at me confused. "Wait what?"

"Yeah it was Claire baby. She said her foster parents put her up to it."

For the first time since I've been with Camilla her whole demeanor changed and it was kind of sexy.

"Pause for a fucking second. One I've been friends with Claire for years. Even before the job. We went to high school together. And two she isn't a foster child at all. Her parents just died a year ago in a fucking fire. That bitch is lying to you."

I shook my head. This bitch is crazy. "Okay so now I have to kill her ."

"Before you do that. Let me talk to her."

I shrugged my shoulders. "If you want to baby."

"Alright since that is out of the way. I'm starving . What do you want to eat? Because I'm thinking about steak." She told me.

She wants to change the subject and I'm okay with that.

I smiled at her. And just rubbed her thigh. She's so amazing but I don't want to corrupt her. She's such a wonderful woman.

-Camilla

I can't believe that bitch. I've been such a great friend to her. Why would she even want to hire people to kidnap me. Like that doesn't make sense.

I'm so glad Adonis was honest with me and didn't want to keep me in the dark. I can't help but respect that man and just feel so safe when he's around.

But I will not let this ruin my date at all.

"Hey baby why don't we get away for the weekend?" Adonis asked.

"Oh really where do you have in mind?"

"I don't know somewhere warm."

I smiled. "That sounds great."

"Good it's settled. I'll have my travel agent book us somewhere for the weekend."

This man has everything.

After we finished eating. Adonis ordered us dessert. He got me strawberry cheesecake. How did he even know I love this?

Adonis rubbed my thigh and whispered in my ear. "This isn't the only dessert I want to eat tonight." And he kissed my neck. Sending a small shiver up my back.

"Adonis!" I blushed.

"I'm just giving you a fair warning baby. Be prepared for later tonight."

.

.

.

.
.
.

.
.

Hey guys. Happy New Year!!! I hope you enjoyed this little chapter. I tried to put something out for you guys. Enjoy your Tuesday.