Chapter 73

After breakfast I notice Caleb lingering around before I catch his eyes once more and he nods me over. "Imma be right back," I move to go retrieve my phone form Ethan's back pocket before going off the corner Caleb turned in.

"Jesus Christ!" I nearly run face first into him. "Morning,"

"Good morning Nadia," he gives me a small smile, "come walk with me will you?"

"Of course," I take my place next to him and we start walking.

"How are you doing?" He starts.

"Better,"

"Now I've heard a lot of things but I'd really like to hear it form you, so tell me," he pauses, "Tomas Hall, what can you tell me about him."

"We'll, he's an orphan, his mother and father died being hunters. He was raised by his aunt and his grandparents held sometimes. He did have a pack but when his alpha was murdered he became an omega and that's when I met him."

"And you made him your beta, why?"

"We'll at first it was because I pitted him, but the stronger our friendship grew the more I realized that he's more then just an omega who lost both his parents and was abandoned by his pack when his alpha died. I wanted to take only him in but then my sister tagged along."

"And where's your mate?" He glances over at me. I re-explain the whole story once more for him, about how Malic and I came to an end, about how I had Tomas bite over his mark so I was no longer feeling about emotion coming form Malic.

He falls silent after my explanation making me look over at him multiple times, instead we just keep on walking until we walk past an open door in which the boys, including Tomas, are all sat. They stop to look over at us as we pass.

It's not until we continue someone do I feel the chill of the air conditioning, but I believe it's mostly coming form Caleb's silence. "Are you mad at me?" I finally ask hugging myself.

"Of course not." He glances over at me before taking his flannel off and wraps it around my shoulders. "I believe what you did was the best option for you, it's just- Saint Salvadore's father was quite the alpha back in his days, Saint will surely follow in his footsteps, I don't know how he'll do that now that he's rejected."

"What does that have to do with me?" I push my arms into the sleeves then fold them to the size of my wrist.

"Behind a great Alpha is a strong Luna." I nod to his comment, so Alpha Vincent was a great alpha was he? How strong did his wife have to stay? Was she just so strong that he eventually broke her spirit?

"Sound like torture to me." I admit. "Sitting there and watching him do as he please with whom he pleases, and I have to be the pretty Luna who supports him?" I look over at Caleb. "Tomas' and I's roles might be reversed but at least I know if I fall, someone will catch me."

"You're not wrong there little cousin, but you are destined for greater," he stops, "Tomas will make you a very happy woman, but Saint, he'll take you to heights you'd never thought you could reach, as alpha."

"Forgive me if I want to be a happy woman!" I snap at him.

He snorts with a smirk. "Come now," he raises a hand to tousle the front of my hair, "don't be upset." I would have smacked his hand away if he were Emmanuel and telling me this, but this is Caleb, he wouldn't tell me this without reason. "That's enough about mates for today."

"Yeah," I agree as he pulls away and I fix my hair.

"Sandra has been dying to see you, something about revenge?" I smile at his words before scanning our surroundings, instead I spot Ruby chatting with Jer's mate. "I think you too will be surprised to see her."

"Is she here?"

"Yes, she arrived this morning. I'm sure you'll bump into her soon."

"Nadia!" My name is called and I turn to Ruby waving me over.

"Go head, I'll drag you off if ever I need you again." I nod and I'm moving.

"Girl!" Ruby grabs my hand. "Some here is mated with your Kiaza!"

"My Kiaza?!" I give her a look, my Kiaza? "My Kiaza!!" My old bestfriend? "Shut up!"

"Deadass," she's dragging me away. "Imma catch up with you later!" She says to Jer's mate before we're basically sprinting off down the corridors. "Her name is Kena, she just turned returned form Canada a few days ago and guess who she came with."

"Kiaza's seriously here?" We turn down a corridor.

"Yes," she tugs me some more, "look!" We stop, she grabs a handle pulling to open a window, we both jump to sit on the windowsill. She then points to a tall dark brown girl with curly 4a, he back is to us, next to her stand Kiaza, still tall. "You should say something to him."

"What?! You guys were old bestfriends!"

"Yeah, old bestfriends! He left with no word and fucking texted me-" she looks over at me, "-don't you even thin-"

"Hi Kena!" She tells form out the window, they were talking to another couple I've seen around and Kena stops to look over at us, Ruby waves.

"Ruby?" She takes a step to us and Kiaza turn to follow her gaze.

"How are you?!" She's still yelling.

"Good you?" Kena reply's with the same volume, Kiaza scans Ruby before his eyes land on me, they expand as his lips part.

"Good! I just wanted to say hi!" She waves again. "Nice seeing you!" She leaps off and I follow her down. "Now that he's seen you, let the fun begin!" As soon as the door shuts we wonder off.

"You're a bitch!"

"Imma take that as a compliment," she gives me a sly smile. "What's the worse that can happen? Maybe you guys could reconnect."

"We're not going to reconnect, he's doing just fine."

"Ugh the attitude," we start heading back. "You know I had quite the night we Ethan and his mate..."

"As in-"

"Yeah," she laughs.

"Ruby!"

"They invited me!" She throws he hands up. "It was no strings attached, I don't even look at Ethan like that, but his mate...boy would I love to do that again." I pretend to barf and she breaks out laughing. We reach the room I last saw the guys in to see Kelly has joined them, they all seem to be eating sweets. "Hi boys," she wonders in to kiss Kelly on the cheek.

I move to sit next to Tomas who's the closet to Kelly. "Hi Ethan," Ruby's voice drops into something seductive.

"Hi Ruby," he smiles with lollipop in mouth, I watch how Ruby goes right to him to take it and puts it in her mouth without hesitation, Ethan's eyes linger on he lips before he leans forward to grab another on in the bowel of treats.

"I gotta go," she moves around him.

"Where you going?" I want to know, I thought she was going to stick around.

"I got a date with siblings, brother and sister," she grabs a hand full of sweets, "the goddess know how I love to be outnumbered."

"Jesus, Ruby!" Jerome laughs with everyone else echoing him.

"Bye!" She glances over in my direction but not at me, I follow her gaze, at Tomas.