Chapter 75

I don't say much at dinner, and when we're finish I go wondering off on my own again. I bump into a lot of people I haven't seen in so long, most connections good, others distant.

Then I see him, coming exactly my way. "Don't know how to say hi?"

"Hello Nadia," Kiaza stops, "how are you?"

"You don't care," I move pass him, "if you did you would have called to ask or even texted."

"I deserve that." I listen to his footsteps behind me. "But I didn't know about...all this! I didn't even know you live here!"

"I don't."

"Come on Nadia,"

"I'm mad at you Kiaza," I turn stopping, "you just up and left and didn't even think to call or reply back to me! Who does that? Like seriously?!"

"I'm sorry-"

"And the next time I see you, you're mated." He tilts his head as his eyebrows knit together and his eyes drop to my shoulder, "Shut up!" I pull the flannel Caleb gave me back up my shoulders.

"Things have changed but that's no excuse, we were bestfriends, I'm sorry for the way I left." He steps forward.

"I forgave you a long time ago," I turn my back on him, "I just promised myself I'd kick your ass if ever I saw you again. I can't really do that now."

"I probably deserve it." He laughs, he catches up to me and the seconds pass before he speaks up again. "I was actually sent here, but a girl named Ruby?"

"Ruby?" I look over at him, that sneaky little bitch! "So you weren't going to come by will were you?"

"I was, don't get me wrong, she just rushed me because apparently you're leaving tomorrow?"

"I gotta get back to my real world," I sigh, I have to prepare myself for exams and Malic drama once more. I start to take us to the same window Ruby and I jumped on earlier, I do the same thing and he joins me.

For once I don't have to explain exactly why Tomas and I are so compatible or why leaving Malic was the best choice for me, ever since I came here that's all I've been doing. With Kiaza it's a little easier, I get to avoid topics and he wouldn't even know.

It's also relaxing to listen to him go on instead of someone talking in my ear about what I should do, he express just how confused he was to even meet Kena and how the news she told him took him by greater surprise.

I know for a fact that he is not the kid that left me then texted me a goodbye, he's changed a lot and most of that growing was thanks to Kena, at leave I know he's well taken care of.

I walk him back to Kena's room which seems to be the only place he remembers before I too go back, he was right, tomorrow I do have to go back so that means more driving for me, yay!

I change into shorts that don't even reach my thighs and a petite tank top, my sisters eventually come in as I pretend to be asleep but actually wait for them to go to bed.

I can't even get myself to sleep, so instead, I throw a shirt on and make my way out of bed. It must be pretty late but I don't care, I grab my shoes and hold them as I sneak out, thank goodness the doors don't creek.

It's clear by the amount of underfloor cracks of light I pass that not everyone is asleep, apparently not even Ethan and the guys, I knock on their door softly. It's opened by Emmanuel, with one look he looks over his shoulder and the door shuts softly. "She's here for you." I listen in.

(Song should be played here!)

Soft shuffling come before the door is reopened by Tomas, I swallow down hard, he looks down at my hand with my shoes before grabbing his own and stepping out. We move without word and I take us to a large window a few windows away form the one I was at earlier with Ruby and Kiza.