Chapter 20

You're my mate. Those three words tournament me through the rest of the flight, I can't believe I spent four more hours stuck in a trance of "why?".

Why would he say that to me? We've only talked a handful of times and he's tell me that? Like how can I take him seriously?

I can't be his mate. I won't. I don't want to be with him, he's arrogant and hardheaded. He's a born alpha meaning he needs to be mates with a-no-no-no!! I can't be his mate!

Born alphas have been mated with royal betas for decades, it's practically tradition. My mom was a royal beta and she matted with my father. It's on the rare occasion you find an alpha mated with a human or a witch or even a werecat.

"Nadia!" I turn to Tomas who's watching me carefully with his toothbrush in hand "Did you hear what I said?"

"Yeah," I nod.

"So you're okay with it?" He asks and I nod "You weren't listening to a thing I said." I look away to the outside onto his balcony, I watch the blue waves crash against each other moving people with it. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I stand getting off his bed "listen I'm just gonna go unpack then order room service instead of going down." I move to his door then turn to knob "I'll see you tomorrow." I leave.

I go down the long corridor making my way to the end by the exist which is where my room is, I take my card out and slide in making the little red light go green and the push the door open.

I enter suite and make my way directly to my own balcony, I was actually suppose to share a room with someone but since there's a odd number of girls I got my own room. And the girls are already in packs.

Tomas too has his own suite because he's an omega and wolves are not one to share. I slide the door open with the mosquito net too and meet thirty degrees of hot air, there's a soft breeze but that's just hotter air.

I let the time pass by watching families play in the ocean, couple walk by holding hands, brothers annoy their sisters and mothers and father look at each other in love. Even the sun starts to set and I just sit watching it.

I watch the sun get lower as it creates a beautiful Cotten Candy collage as it does so, it doesn't take long for the sun to go and the street lights to come on. I finally get up after doing what feel like hours of thinking.

I go back into my suite and start to strip putting mosquito repellent, take off my traveling clothes then open my duffel bag taking out a white matching bikini top. I put it on and realize it has a cute bow at the front, I pull a grey cardigan out and decide to just put my shorts back on.

I take out my fathers master card and put it in my back pocket then do the same with my suite card, I grab my phone and put it in my left empty back pocket then put my chapstick in my front pocket. I grab some sandals and put them on.

I take my hair ponytail tail out and quickly brush through it, I've spent long enough with it in a ponytail so I decided to leave it drop to my waist. I start closing my shades making sure to lock my balcony door before I leave.

I leave my suite making sure my little light goes red before taking the exit next to my room, I take the stairs leading me down to the reception and then leave through a close by exist.

The outside has a warm breeze to it but it's still pretty hot even for the night, I go down the few steps before I start moving on the Fiji streets. Now all I have to do is hope I don't get kidnapped, I mean that's the worse case scenario.

I keep going down the straight street until I have to turn a corner. "Jesus Christ!" I gasp nearly knocking into a built figure.

"Going somewhere?" A husky voice says and I look up to see familiar blue eyes that still manage to look compelling even in the Fiji night.

"You really need to stop doing that," I go around him going down another street, I can hear his footsteps behind my making me turn to just clarify he's following me. Great.

I take in a deep breath while tucking hair behind my ear "Where're you going?" Saint asks from behind me.

"I need to find a supermarket, I want to get some snacks. And air." I tell him staying in front of him, he's only two steps behind me.

"At eleven?" He questions and I take my phone from out my back pocket looking at the time, 11:35. "Plus don't you have snacks in your suite?"

"They're expensive." My arms swing by my side as I spot an open supermarket close by.

"So you're going to get Fiji snacks?"

"Yes Malic! I'm going to get Fiji snacks." I glance over my shoulder to him then keep going, the moment he goes silent I start rejoicing. Thank God he shut up, I was really starting to-

"Do you hate me?" He asks making me stop in my tracks, I turn towards him noting the distance.

"I don't particularly like you." I tell him.

"Why not?" I can see a smirk playing on his pink lips.

"Because your creepy," are the first words that come out making him grimace a little confused "you always corner me making Nia acting up with your alpha cologne."

"Nia?"

"My wolf." I raise an eyebrow.

"You named your wolf?"he copies my gesture.

"You haven't?"

"What do you mean by alpha cologne?" He refers to what I said before.

"You tell me, I can smell you from a mile away and it makes Nia act up." I tell him and his lips go into a soft smile.

"You're pretty delusional thinking it's cologne,"

"What else would it be?" I ask him and he just stares at me with a satisfied smile making me roll my eyes and walk off again.