I Just Wish You Knew (Spanish AU)

Luz's heart was rushing, she looked at the older woman, eyes pleading.

"Por favor ..." Luz whispered, a stifled sob to her voice. (Please...)

Eda's heart broke at the girl's sad words. Eda was supposed to be showing Luz around, but instead, they were here, trapped at Tibbles stand. Luz dug her heels into the dirt, trying to escape the chains confiding her, to no avail.

And it wasn't just Eda... it was Amity, Gus, Willow...

"Luz... I... I don't know what you're saying..."

Luz started to cry. "¡Puedes escapar! ¡Te ayudare! Tenemos que intentar, al menos ..." (You can escape! I'll help you! We have to try, at least...)

Amity took a deep breath. "So... nobody better tell my mom this, but I may have learn a thing or two about, well..." Amity wiggled her hand free just enough to wave her finger in a circle.

Luz titled her head, tears falling from her eyes out of confusion and fear of this strange new world. "¿Qué?" (What?)

A voice seeming from nowhere spoke. "What?"

Everyone gasped, especially Luz.

"¡Fresco! Ahora, ¿cómo, lo estamos haciendo?" (Cool! Now, how are we doing it?)

The voice repeated Luz, only in english this time. Eda got lost in thought.

"Leave this to me."

Tibbles straightened his bow tie, letting out a few "oohs" and "ahhs" at it. Suddenly, a scream erupted from the direction of his prisoners. Tibbles sighed and started to hum, waddling in their direction.

"What is it now?" Tibbles asked in annoyance.

"It's Luz!" Willow yelled.

"Something's wrong!" Gus finished.

"Why didn't you dumb heads just ask her?" Tibbles asked, sounding straight out child-like. "You good?"

"¡Creo que me estoy muriendo! ¡Ahhh!" Luz exclaimed, hanging her head low as if she was crying. (I think I'm dying! Ahhh!)

"What? I- what?!"

"Tibbles, eres solo una tonta." Luz said, sadness still in her eyes. (Tibbles, you are just a fool.)

"Oh no! The disease! It's making her talk crazy!" King screamed, his tail going puffy.

"What?!"

"Ayúdame ... Me ... Tibbles ..." Amity suddenly said, secretly using her translator magic. Luz slightly giggled, not loud enough for Tibbles to hear.

"What's going on?!"

"The disease! It's spreading! And... And... Ah-choo! ¡Creo que lo estoy captando! Eda exclaimed, faking a sneeze. (I think i'm getting it!)

Tibbles screamed, backing away. Gus started to cough. Then, Willow, and finally, King.

Soon enough, they were all babbling incoherently, causing a freak out amongst Tibbles.

"Ahhhh!" Tibbles pressed a button, setting them free. Then, swiftly, he ran as far away as possible, hands in the air, and crying.

"Oh, good job, kid." Eda ruffled Luz's hair. Albeit not knowing what she was saying, she halfway got the idea.

"¡Buen trabajo a todos!" Luz exclaimed. Amity waved her finger in the air.

"Good job, everyone!" The voice repeated. Luz smiled, knowing that the voice was repeating her, even if she didn't understand.

.

.

.

.

.

Eda groggily walked to the kitchen to grab of cold cup of Apple Blood, when she saw Luz sitting at the kitchen table, reading a book.

"Eh, hey kid. Trying to learn my language?" Eda snorted a laugh, then remembering Luz can't understand her. Liz titled her head, squinting her eyes.

"Uh... Sí." Luz understood only two words so far. Learn, and language, so Luz got the gist. Luz cleared her throat. I... me-mean... Yes.

Eda smiled.

"Help?" Eda asked, trying to keep her sentences as short as possible. Luz nodded, looking at her book, then back to Eda.

"Please."

Eda slid into a chair, looking at Luz.

"Okay," Esa looked at her own Spanish dictionary book. "¿Estas lista?" (Are you ready?)

Luz nodded. "Yes."

And thus, the studying began. The two practiced all night, learning each others language, and eventually, fell asleep at the table.

.

.

.

.

.

"¡Buenos dias!" Luz said enthusiastically, stretching in her place at the table. "Uh... Good... morning, I m-mea-n."

Eda opened her eyes, yawning loudly.

"¡Muy Buen!" Eda laughed. "Or, should I say, very good!"

Luz smiled. "!Gracias!-" Luz paused. "Thanks!"

Eda ruffled the kids hair. "Breakfast?" Luz nodded.

"Sí. Please and thanks."

King walked into Luz speaking some English, and Eda speaking some Spanish, stopped dead in his tracks, and turned around with a loud "Nope!"

Luz giggled. Maybe staying here wasn't going to be that difficult afterall.