Answering Eternity

"This isn't... exactly what I expected..." Hunter breathed uneasily as he stepped through the portal. The group looked around. They were back in the castle, where everything had crumbled beneath them. Where King had saved Luz from being trapped in the Boiling Isles.

Luz bit her lip, taking a deep breath. The ground wasn't in pieces. They were standing on it without much issue. To be sure, Luz used her ice glyph to create a bridge. Camila gushed at the sight of her daughter actually doing magic, something she never thought possible.

"This bridge is steadier than the ground." Amity said, adding abomination goo so the walkway wouldn't be slippery and dangerous.

"So this is where you were for all those months," Camila announced matter-of-factly. "Doesn't look too bad."

"You haven't seen the worst of it." Willow told the elder Noceda. Gus nodded in agreement. The group stood still for a few moments before Luz took lead.

"King went this way," Luz chimed, walking in the direction King had flown when he used his power. "We have to help him. And Eda, and Lilith, and Raine, and-"

"I don't know any of these people, mija, but we'll save them all."

Luz gulped and nodded, standing in place with uncertainty bubbling behind her eyes.

"Well," Hunter started, stepping beside the girl. "What are we waiting for? Take the lead, Luzura."

Luz smiled at the older boy and took forward, letting everyone else trail behind. Everything seemed to be just the way they had left it, but nobody was in sight.

"I hope the draining spell didn't work." Gus piped, scratching his throat and giggling nervously.

"If it did-" Willow stopped herself, shaking her head. She scratched Clover under the chin. "No, stay positive, Willow. We have to stay positive."

Willow received a sad look from Hunter who matched her pace and a comforting pat on the shoulder from Camila who gave a reassuring smile.

"Hey." Luz stopped walking, making everyone else mock her movement. She squinted her eyes and cupped a hand above them to better see in the distance.

"What is it, mija?"

Luz ignored her mother as she took a few hesitant steps forward. The figure in the distance was moving towards them. Everyone else saw it by now. They backed away, wielding their magic, ready to fight.

"Back up, Luz." Amity said sternly. But the girl didn't. She watched the figure come closer. And closer. And closer. Until she saw it. She saw it. She saw them. She saw her!

Before anyone could make any other moves, Luz launched herself forward, throwing herself into Eda's arms. Tears instantly sprang to both of their eyes as Luz hugged the woman. Everyone else – save for Camila – let their guard down when they saw who it was.

Luz didn't let go. She cried in Eda's arms, and Eda cried in hers. They were okay. They were both okay.

"I thought you were dead, Eda, I really thought you were dead! I thought the draining spell worked, and – and the Collectors game! The, uh – The Owl House! I didn't know what he was planning, but-"

"Okay, kiddo, calm down, calm down."

"It was my fault, I'm sorry. I thought I was doing something good, but all I did was help Belos."

"It's not your fault, kid. It never was."

Luz offered Eda a smile.

"Luz!" A smaller voice said. Luz didn't need time to process as she spun on her heel and caught a hyper King. He nuzzled into her neck and hugged her as tightly as his little arms could.

"There's my little gopher!"

"Yes, yes, my buddy has returned! I've missed you! You're never leaving again!"

Camila smiled at the trio and took a hesitant step forward.

"Um, hello-" Camila tried to say, but Luz accidently cut her off.

"How? What about the Collector? The draining spell?"

"Uh, about that, kid-"

Luz blinked twice when she saw Raine speed walking towards Eda, carrying a figure in their arms. Upon closer inspection, it was the Collector. Dead?

"You – you killed him?!" Hunter said in a surprised tone, backing away.

"Titan's no. What is with you morbid kids?" Eda brushed Hunter off, rolling her eyes.

"We gave him warm Slitherbeast milk!" King chimed to Luz, closing his eyes in a proud manner. Luz blinked a couple more times before standing up to take a better look at the child.

The Collector was sleeping peacefully in Raine's arms, snoring lightly. His tiny breathing was constant and even as he rested.

"Uh-huh. And what about when he wakes up?" Gus asked, earning a shrug from Eda and Raine.

"Oh, I know!" Luz said, taking a tote bag from Camila and digging inside of it. After a few seconds of digging, Luz pulled out a small, square, black ipad. "This'll do."

Camila laughed, wiping a tear from her left eye. "Oh, he does strike me as an Enzo Gabriel!" Camila suggested through the laughter. Luz smiled and nodded, powering it on and turning on a game.

"He'll like this when he wakes up."

"But, guys, we still have the whole Belos issue," Amity reminded, stepping forward." "Remember?"

"Yeah... hey, maybe we can get on Enzo's good side and he'll help us take down Belos." Luz added, looking to her friends.

"I think that'll work. After all, Belos is scared of him." Raine said, pupils slightly dilating as they looked to their crush's child. Luz took a deep breath backed up, fixing her Azura hat.

"Well, then we better start. We have the entire isles to help," Luz chimed, letting King sit on her shoulder like he used to. It felt normal to Luz. Maybe everything was almost back to normal after all. "We better not burn daylight." And with that, Luz took a steady step forward, and then another, and another, and another. Before she knew it, she was treading forth, letting everyone – save for King, of course, he wasn't going to let go of his buddy – follow behind her.

And like that, Luzura and her friends were ready to face their final evil. Ready for whatever lied ahead. Ready to save the day, again.

For