We Were Just Kids When We Fell In Love

Luz nearly fell down the steps as she rushed to the bottom.

Panting, Luz beholden two outfits at Eda.

"EDA, WHICH ONE... DO I..." More panting. "WEAR?! MY FIRST GROM OUTFIT OR MY OTTER OUTFIT?!"

"Calm down, kid." Eda ushered the 23 year old towards her. Luz obliged, sitting next to her on the couch.

"Sorry, Eda. I'm just so excited! I can't believe I'm marrying Amity today."

"Yeah, but she's been your girlfriend since you were 14. I don't think she cares what you wear."

"I know... But today is special. I have to look perfect."

"You're already perfect, kid," Eda ruffled Luz's hair and then stood up, cracking her back. "Oh, jeez. I need to get ready, too."

"Wait, Edaaaa! Which one?!"

"I gave you my advice! If it was up to me, you'd wear your usual attire. Because, like I said, you're perfect as is and I don't think changing your outfit is necessary."

Eda walked upstairs in the direction of her room, leaving Luz on the couch.

"Weh!" Suddenly, King "kicked" the door down, and ran in, jumping on Luz's lap.

"What's up, Luz? Why do ya look like that?" King used his tiny paws to turn Luz's frown into a smile. "It's your wedding today! You should be happy!"

"I am happy! It's just... I want to look perfect for Amity. Titan knows she deserves it."

King stuffed a scone into his mouth, making crumbs fly everywhere.

"I think you should wear whatever makes you happy. Forget Amity! If she doesn't like your clothes then she doesn't like you."

"Why does everyone keep saying that? Ah! I don't know what makes me happy!"

Another scone was shoved into King's mouth.

"Luz, the only reason I am attending this wedding is because one, you are like my sister, and two, because of the food. So if Amity says 'I don't', I,"

Hooty headbutted King, shaking his head.

"Ow, Hooty! Get! Go! Shoo!" King swatted Hooty away. "I was going to say I would tear Amity into PIECES and FEED her to my MINIONS," King shoved another scone in his mouth. "So it would be dumb of her to say she doesn't wanna marry you cause of what you wear. Because then she would feel my WRATHHHH!" King pounced onto a nearby pillow, taking it in his mouth and shredding it.

Luz laughed and shook her head, looking at her options.

"Alright. I think I know what I wanna do."

Luz walked up to her room to change. Today was a big day.

━━━━━━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━━━━━━

"What if she doesn't show up?" Amity asked Em nervously. Em continued to comb through Amity's hair as they awaited Luz's arrival. The big, pink, willow tree from Grom stood tall behind them, glimmering in the sunlight. The waves just below them crashed against the cliff, splashing back into itself.

"Oh, don't worry, mija. If I know Luz any, which I do, then I can assure you, she wouldn't miss it for the world."

Amity smiled at the elder woman. "Thanks miss Noceda... for that, and for the blessing to marry your daughter. I can't believe you traveled all the way from the human realm to be here."

"I wouldn't miss my youngest daughter's wedding for... anything!" Camila said happily, a bright smile plastered on her face.

Suddenly, Vee nearly ran straight into Camila as she darted away from Ed, dodging her only by an inch.