Crash My World

¡PROFANITY AND GORE!

Vee dusted her hands off, exhaling sharply. Camila walked over and cracked her back, placing a hand on Vee's shoulder.

"Thanks for helping me clean the garage, Vee." Camila thanked. Vee smiled in gratitude.

"It's the least I can do! I mean... seeing your true daughter and learning I'm... well... not human? And from a different realm? That's a lot, and... you still let me stay with you."

Camila's smile faded a bit as she thought back to last week. Luz, right there, but untouchable.

But still, Camila forced a smile. "You're mi hija too. Even if... Luz, isn't here..." Camila frowned upon herself for saying her daughters name in such a hating manor. "I love you as you. Can you tell me more about the... demon realm?" The name still sounded foreign on her tongue.

"Welll... I don't know much because, well... I was locked in a cage most of my stay. And when I wasn't, I escaped here. So... it's weird to think that... I'm a demon who's more human." Vee laughed.

"You mean... well, what about when you were born?"

Vee's expression was that of a somber one. "I was... created. Kinda. Brought back from extinction. I was created at this age. I was... just a freaky 15 year old girl."

"Hey," Camila interrupted, placing a hand on Vee's shoulder. "You aren't a freak. You... you're mi hija just as much as she is."

"Do you still love Luz?"

"What?! I- of- of course I do! I can't just... stop!"

The garage fell silent.

"Oh, um..."

Camila sighed, and rubbed her temple. "Look, Vee-"

"I think I know why Luz wanted to leave."

Camila crossed her arms over her stomach insecurely. But still, Vee went on. "She was bullied. And an outcast. No friends, always getting put out there for who she is... it isn't... fun," Vee looked at the dusty concrete. "I didn't realize it before. I thought her life was perfect, but... I kinda came to realize that all she had was you. But you're a vet! You're busy all the time, and, well... she probably felt left out."

Vee sighed as Camila took everything in. Had her daughter really felt this way? Having a horrible life, when Camila could have easily prevented it? She wanted to be sick at the thought.

Suddenly, a snap puts both of them on high alert.

"Oh, no... another baby rabbit stuck in a trap?" Vee asked nonchalantly. Ever since Jacob had came into the picture 3 months ago, traps have been illegally placed on the Noceda property.

"Uh... nuh uh. That sounded... different." Camila lifted her head to listen. She looked around. As a vet, she was always on high alert for harmed, frightened, or aggressive animals.

"You must mean..." A mysterious voice erupted from seemingly nowhere. "A GOOD different?" A man, who the two instantly recognized as Jacob, showed himself, apparently really confident in his entrance.

"Hey! Get off my property! I outta get my chancla and whoop your-"

"That won't be necessary." Jacob pulled out a small handheld pistol from his pocket and took a shot at Camila. Camila dodged, just as the bullet flew past her head.

"Camila!" Vee screamed, frozen in fear. Her Basilisk ears started to grow out, and her eyelids started to open and shut vertically.

The stray bullet pierced through a few old, dusty boxes, making clouds of dust burst into the air.