Escaping Abusement (p1)

Let me just say, this chapter is HEAVY with blood and gore depictions, also, obviously, child abuse. This is the Blights we're talking about for hells sake. So don't read this chapter if you get queasy at that stuff.

"Why did you call me here?" Amity asked her parents, nervously tapping her thighs as she awaited her parents' response.

"Amity, your father and I have conferred, and I will be honoring the deal. The PCA will exert it's influence to ensure your friends are swiftly readmitted into Hexside." Odalia stated, clearing her throat after she finished talking.

Amity sighed of relief. "Thank you."

"However, as a consequence, me and your father has been talking, and we have decided to remove you from Hexside, permanently." Odalia's words had venom in every sentence, particularly the last word, as if she was emphasizing her point.

Amity blinked a couple of times, before she widened her eyes in shock.

"That's right. From this day forward, you will be homeschooled, for the rest of your life. You will also be denied access to the outside of this manor. And, if any of your little friends try coming to our door, they will be taken care of."

"That's not fair! That was never part of the deal. And I swear, mom, you leave my friends out of this!"

"We explicitly agreed that the deal was to let your friends back into Hexside. That's it. No more, no less." Alador budded in, eyeing down his daughter.

"You can't do that!"

"Oh, I can, and will. I am your mother, and of high up class."

"Dad! Are you not going to do anything?!"

"No. I agree with your mother 100%. Talking back is a sin in itself. Plus, we need to preserve your attention for the emperors coven. Do remember, you will be head of it one day soon."

"What if I don't want that?!" Amity screamed at her parents. Odalia and Alador went silent.

"Oh, dear. It is worst than we thought. Just look at how those classmates have influenced our daughter! And that human," Odalia hissed out the last part, pure hatred coursing through her. "I should have offed her head when I had the chance! She is ruining our daughter! Brainwashing her!"

"Oh, the horrors! This requires drastic measures,"

"Indeed it does, dear. Indeed it does,"

Alador waved his free hand at Amity, his other holding a nearly fainting Odalia.

Suddenly, an abomination groggily walked up to Amity and linked it's arm with hers. It dragged her down the steps and into the basement, where it proceeded to form it's hands into hooks and pierce straight through her skin.

Amity screamed as the hooks collided with her palms. The abomination formed itself into a chain and interlinked itself with the ceiling, leaving Amity hanging by her hands.

"Let me go!" Amity screamed through the pain and clenched teeth. Her heartbeat began to rush, and she could feel hot blood rushing down her hands and down her arms.

"Amity, this is what happens when you stand up to your own parents." Odalia spit out, watching her daughter without emotion.

"A lesson in treachery, if you will. Remember, be careful for what you wish for." Alador added. Though, unlike his wife, he was unable to meet Amity's gaze.

Alador and Odalia promptly left the room, leaving a bleeding and crying Amity to her thoughts.

This was her fault. She did it to herself. But... she did it for Luz. And she would do it all over again a thousand times over if it meant it was for her.

After a few minutes of otherwise silence - paying no mind to the few whimpers here and there - the door creaked open.

Amity squinted her eyes trying her best to see the figure. Seeing only the green hair and a shiny knife, Amity panicked.

She squirmed in place, before realizing what she had to do.

She ripped her hands out of the hooks, biting her tongue until it began to bleed to prevent herself from screaming.

Tears flowed down Amity's eyes as the pain intensified even more. She found herself barely able to walk, as she crawled backwards, away from the inevitable.

Finally, the figure came fully into view, revealing not her mother at all, but her older sister, Emira.

"Em?"

"Mittens! You're okay!" Em pulled Amity into a hug. Amity flinched as her hands brushed against Em.

Emira dropped the knife and took Amity's hands in her own, wincing at the sight.

"I was going to cut you down, since, you know, the Abominations only respond to mom and dad with commands like that, but-"

Amity looked down at her hands.

"Looks like you already handled it..."

She finally saw the horror of her own hands. Her flesh ripped down to the bone, and blood was spurting out. Amity felt lightheaded, and her vision slowly went black.

━━━━━━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━━━━━━

Amity opens her eyes, the pain from her hands shooting back.

Amity sits up, only to realize that she's laying on a couch, surrounded by her family and a doctor in the Healing coven.

"Oh, my dear child! You're awake and well!" Odalia said happily, hugging her child as tight as she could. Amity flinched, and looked at her bandaged hands.

"Yes, good," The doctor started. "I must say, you're a strong girl. Your hands should heal in no time, I assure you."

"Thank you so much for helping our precious," Alador politely nodded towards the doctor. The doctor nodded back and excused himself of their presence as he let himself out the door.

"Mom?"

"Don't think you've gotten out of this," Odalia hissed, firmly gripping Amity's chin now that the doctor was gone.

"Let's make a deal." This shocked everyone, but Odalia lowered her eyes.

"I'm listening."

"You let me stay in Hexside, and I will work overtime in the library to work towards what you want."

Odalia glanced to Alador, who shrugged.

"Okay. Here's the deal. You do yours, Eds, and Ems chores for an entire month, AND work extra hard in your studies, and everything can stay the same. Titan forbid you lose your librarian card, though. You're gonna need to take on that extra credit to make up for what you've done."

"Yes, mother. Now promise me this deal is legit. Come on. I'm going to seal the everlasting oath."

"Oh, no need for that, dear. A Blight always upholds their end of a deal."