But You're A Masterpiece (p2)

"I trust you," Luz said, and she meant it, too. She rested on the table, relaxing the tension build-up. Eda nodded. She would give the kid her all.

Lilith was on stand by, holding Luz's hand as to comfort her. King was perched on Eda's shoulder, helping her with whatever she may be.

And, Hooty and Jean-Luc sat a few feet away, communicating in a language nobody else knew.

"Okay, Luz. You're gonna go to sleep. This dust also induces dreams. That's why you're tied down. So you don't act out your dreams."

"Okay."

"Night-night Luz!"

Eda sprinkled the dust into Luz's eyes, instantly casting a sleep spell upon her. Lilith gently guided Luz's head to the side as to not let it fall over.

Eda, much to Lilith's surprise, popped a cauldron out from her hair, and sat it down. She then pulled out a few potions and presented them to everyone.

"These here are the potions that will re-connect the nerves and tissue," Eda held up 3 bottles. "And these will fix the bones and connect the hand back to the arm." Eda held up 4 more bottles.

"What's the cauldron for?" King asked, his claws digging into Eda's shoulder so he wouldn't slip.

"Ouch, hey, watch the claws!" Eda cleared her throat. "It's so that we can mix the potions." King hummed in response, jumping from Eda's shoulder to Luz's chest and curling up.

"Just don't wake me with your evil cackling."

Eda rolled her eyes, using her thumb to pop the cork off of the bottle, and pour it into the cauldron.

"Sometimes it helps to have been in the Potions track, right, sister?"

"I suppose. But I don't think these are what the potions were intended for."

"Better than nothing!"

Eda poured 2 more bottles into the cauldron.

"What if this doesn't work?"

"Then..." Eda trailed off. "Well, it will work. It... will."

Lilith nodded. As little faith as she had in her sister, she hadn't anything to do about it.

Finally, Eda finished pouring the potions in, and pulled out an oversized spoon from her hair.

She dipped it into the mix and started to stir.

Lilith watched in amazement as it turned into a glittering rose gold color.

"See? I told you." Eda's face had pure amazement on it.

"Wow. Nice one sister."

Eda carefully took Luz's decapitated hand and dipped it into the mix. She took Luz's left arm and dunked it in the cauldron with the hand.

After a few seconds, Eda lifted Luz's arm out, and showed that the hand had been connected, but was hanging by a little bit of skin.

"And that's where you come in, Lily."

"Me?"

"You learned how to sew by watching mom. I need you to connect the rest of the hand."

Lilith gulped. "I am no professional, Edalyn. What if I make a mistake? I-"

"Hey." Eda put her hands on Lilith's shoulders to ground her. "It. Will. Be. Fine. I promise."

Lilith gulped once again. "Promise?"

"I promise."

King lifted his head up and yawned, not opening his eyes. "Her promises are scarce, but she always keeps the ones she does make. So, take it to heart." King rested his head once again, stretching his tail.

"Okay, sister. I'll do it."

Eda reached into her hair and pulled a sewing kit out. Lilith shakily took it, and sat next to Luz's hand.

Slowly and carefully, Lilith began to sew, taking extra precaution. She WAS sewing a hand onto an arm, to be fair.

After a minute or so, Lilith's hands just seemed to move in sync with themselves, automatically twisting and turning the needle.

After she finished, about half an hour later, Lilith stood up and wiped a few beads of sweat off of her forehead.

"And, done."

Eda stared in amazement. The hand was nearly brand new, save for the stitches forming a neat circling around her wrist.

Lilith sighed in relief. "Thank the titan that went well."

"Told you it would."

King slowly opened his eyes and yawned, stretching.

"It worked? It worked!' King started to shake Luz awake, earning a groan in response. "LUZ! IT WORKED! IT ACTUALLY WORKED!"

"It did?" Luz groggily pulled her hand up to look at it, seeing that it had, indeed, worked. "Wow. Good job. Thank you, Eda..."

Luz yawned, having felt the effects of being woke up too early.

"Take it easy, kid. No rough housing with King for a couple of days. The stitches need time to heal."

"Mhm..." Eda laughed slightly, shaking her head and putting her hands on her hips. Yeah. She would have to repeat this later.

Lilith picked Luz up, and carried her out of the room towards outside. King yawned and promptly followed, Jean-Luc right behind carrying PortaHooty.

Eda stood alone in the room, cracking her knuckles. "Oh, you did good, Eda." Eda pat herself on the shoulder before cackling, head upturned towards the sky.

And then, a sputtering cough erupted, causing Eda to groan. "You're losing it, Eda."

"Edalyn! Are you coming?"

"Yeah, yeah, Lily! I'm comin!"