Curly Hair, Glasses, and Family

Eda sipped on her apple blood, smacking her lips together, and sighing in content. Luz was laying across the couch, her head rested on Eda's left thigh. King was curled up on top of Luz, his tail wrapped around his body.

Luz groaned a bit, rubbing her head. Her headache had been intensifying in the last hour, despite taking pain killers. Eda subconsciously rubbed the kids' head, her attempt at comfort helping only a little. Eda's eyes scanned through the book she held, as she listened to the soft snores of King, the occasional groan from Luz, and the muffled rants of Hooty.

Eda took another sip of apple blood, catching a glimpse of Lilith in the corner of her eye. Lowering her book to look, Eda spit her drink out in Lilith's direction, causing both Luz and King to jump up in surprise.

"Lily!" Eda snorted a laugh. "Why are you wearing those glasses?!"

Lilith felt her face heat up a bit in embarrassment. Why was she embarrassed? This was Edalyn Clawthorne. She was wearing round glasses, and her hair was slightly curling.

"Because, Eda, I need them to see. You know that."

"Y'know, Lilith... when I first saw you, I could have just sworn you weren't wearing any..." Luz piped up, despite the constant throbbing in her head.

"That's because I was wearing contacts. I'm all out, now, though..."

"Why?" King asked, tilting his head.

"My monthly prescription has ran up, and the place I get them from went out of business. I need to find somewhere else to get them."

King nodded, thinking for a second. "Okay, so... this might be an unpopular opinion, but I honestly think you look better with glasses. They frame your face and make it look a little less... evil. Y'know, villains never wear glasses. They just make you look like a nerd!"

Lilith could tell Luz was stifling back a laugh.

"Well, thanks a lot."

"You still got it, King," Eda and King fist bumped. "But, yeah, I think you look better, too."

Lilith sighed. "Thanks, I guess-"

"You kinda look like Willow," Everyone's attention turned back towards Luz, who was examining Lilith. "But there's something else... different."

"Pardon? Willow?"

"Mhm," Luz hummed nonchalantly, still examining, before lifting her hand up in the air. "Ah-ha! Your hair is curling!" Luz said in wonder, moving from her place on the couch to feel Lilith's hair.

"Uh... yes. My straightener broke last night." Lilith said, feeling slightly uncomfortable with the smaller girl feeling her hair.

"Lilith, that outfit just clashes with your new hair and face look. We have seriously gotta talk about your fashion taste." King said, lashing his tail. Eda snorted.

"What do you know about fashion? You don't even wear clothes!"

"I know that a 'running low' crop top does not entwine well with her hair or face!"

Eda and King began to bicker. Luz plopped on the couch, mumbling incoherently as she rubbed her own head.

Suddenly, Hooty burst through a window to admire Lilith's new look. Right? Hooty was Lilith's best friend. He just had to adore her look.

"Hoot! WHO ARE YOU?!" Hooty screeched, his fur standing on end.

"Hooty, it's me! Me!"

"AHHHH I DON'T KNOW ANYONE NAMED THAT! HOOT HOOT!"

Lilith backed away from the hissing Hooty as King jumped on to him.

"Hooty, it's Lilith!"

"Yeah, calm down bird boy." Eda commented, waving her hand as she went back to rubbing Luz's head.

"LILITH DOES NOT WEAR GLASSES!" Hooty screamed, starting to break multiple things in an attempt to fling King off of him.

"Hootsifer, stop!" Lilith raised her hand, causing Hooty to pause. Hooty started to cry and wrapped himself around Lilith.

"Oh, LuLu, it IS you! You look Hootmazing!" Hooty hooted happily, laughing.

"Hooty, PLEASE, just PLEASE scram! My headache is getting worst just by listening to you!" Luz pleaded and begged.

"Hootsifer, please give Luz some space." Lilith said, and Hooty obeyed, twisting himself back into the door.

Luz groaned a bit, before closing her eyes to try and sleep the pain away. She curled her legs up to her chest to give Lilith room to sit down, and sighed.

Eda went back to whatever book she was reading, still rubbing Luz's head.

Lilith sat at the foot of the couch, letting King curl on her lap as Luz stretched her legs onto Lilith.

Sure, her look was a change.

And sure, it was a change she was welcoming with open arms.