Aw, Eda... You Look So Motherly.

"KING, I'M SORRY!" Eda screamed, tears running down her face.

"OH EDA! ME TOO!" King jumped into Eda's lap, hugging her as tight as his small body could handle.

"YOU'RE MY SON AND THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT!"

"I KNOW! EDA, YOU'RE ACTING SO MOTHERLY!"

"I KNOWWWW! BUT SAY THAT AGAIN AND I STEAL YOUR TONGUE!"

"I'M SORRY! I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE I'M A CLAWTHORNE NOW!" King continued to sob into Eda's shirt. Eda held the furry demon close.

"ME EITHERRRRR!"

Suddenly, footsteps rang through the room as Luz patted down the steps.

"Uh... am I interrupting something?"

Hi, I'm King! You might be wondering how I got here... well, me too. So keep wondering!

...

Okay. Eda says I have to tell you. Usually the king of demons answers to no one, but I suppose Eda is an exception. And so is Luz, but that's out of question.

Ah... I remember it like it happened 20 minutes ago... oh, yeah. It did happen 20 minutes ago.

King stretched, wrapping his tail around his small body. He yawned loudly as he dozed for his usual nap.

Today was a long day.

First, him and Luz exercised all day to practice for the Grand prix.

Then, they and the other Hexside students actually raced against Glandus and St Epiderm.

Aaaaand, they lost. All because of King's motion sickness.

But he did end up recording a video that was sent all across the Boiling Isles. Whether or not his dad saw it, King doesn't know.

Then, King popped the big news. He legally changed his name to King Clawthorne! Now, Eda is stuck with King for good, and there's nothing she can do about it!

And, wow! Seeing Eda cry was big news. The powerful, most known, famous, witch on the Boiling Isles, crying? That was a sight to lo and behold.

So, needless to say, King. Was. Tuckered.

Eda walked into the room, clicking her tongue.

"Hey, kiddos- hey, where's Luz?" Eda looked around, raising an eyebrow.

"Weh?" King lifted his head to look at Eda.

"Luz?"

"Oh, yeah. She was upstairs practicing glyphs. Said she wanted to surprise us with a new combo or something?"

"Ah, okay. Well, I want takeout. Whaddya want?"

"HOOT I WANT BEES!"

"Shut up, Hooty!" Eda groaned. "Anyway, what's it gonna be, Clawthorne?"

King curled back up.

"I don't mind, mom."

Silence fell in the room. King lifted his head and gulped.

"I mean... Ah! Embarrassment! Why did I say thay?! You aren't my mom!"

King jumped to his paws, backing away from Eda.

"King?"

"No! Don't come near me! I have no mother!"

King leaped off the couch and made a break for the door.

He stopped in his tracks when he saw Eda's disappointed face. Had he hurt her by his words?

"Eda..."

"I know I'm not your mom, King. Or Luz's. But... hearing you call me that made me feel kinda... happy."

Eda teared up, playing with his paws.

"Eda... I'm sorry for what I said. I mean- I didn't mean to make you feel bad."

"Well... you did."

"I'm sorry! I was trying to save myself of embarrassment."

"Yeah, okay, well, next time be more wise about it."

"Don't pile this all on me!"

"You're the one who said it!"

"I'm stupid for saying that, okay?!"

"Yeah, you are!"

Silence fell once again as Eda and King stared at each other. They both started to tear up.

"KING, I'M SORRY!" Eda screamed, tears running down her face.

"OH EDA! ME TOO!" King jumped into Eda's lap, hugging her as tight as his small body could handle.

"YOU'RE MY SON AND THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT!"

"I KNOW! EDA, YOU'RE ACTING SO MOTHERLY!"

"I KNOWWWW! BUT SAY THAT AGAIN AND I STEAL YOUR TONGUE!"

"I'M SORRY! I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE I'M A CLAWTHORNE NOW!" King continued to sob into Eda's shirt. Eda held the furry demon close.

"ME EITHERRRRR!"

Suddenly, footsteps rang through the room as Luz patted down the steps.

"Uh... am I interrupting something?"

Yep, so now you're caught up!

"OH LUZ, BRING IT IN!" Eda pulled Luz into their hug without warning.

"You guys know I'm always up for a hug, but what's the occasion?"

"I JUST LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!" Eda squeezed the two of them even harder.

"ME TOO! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST FAMILY A KING CAN ASK FOR!"

Suddenly, Luz started to tear up, too.

"WHY ARE WE YELLING?!" Luz asked through tears.

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!" Eda yelled to the two.

"OH EDA! YOU ARE MY MOM! YOU ALWAYS WAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE!"

"AND YOU'RE MY SON! YOU ALWAYS HAVE BEEN AND YOU ALWAYS WILL!"

"AND YOU GUYS ARE MY FAMILY, I LOVE YOU GUYS!"

Okay, okay! Enough with the mushy stuff. Jeez. So, yeah. That was embarrassing. But everything turned out okay. We had takeout and we all played games until we passed out on the couch.

That was a fun day. But 10/10, would not do again.