Kiss Me Before I Lose My Mind (p2)

"What exactly did you need, honey?" Alador asked, wiping some Abomination goo off of him.

"Alador, kids, I have something I need to tell you four. It is really important, so listen closely."

Odalia took a deep breath. Her heart was pounding at the thought, but Alador placed a reassuring hand on hers.

"Don't worry, sweetheart. You can tell me anything."

Sweetheart.

That brought back memories to Eda on the phone. Nodding slightly, Odalia started.

"Back in my Hexside days, when I was, like, oh I don't know, 12? I met this girl. Her name was Edalyn 'Eda' Clawthorne."

Amity refrained herself from gasping. The Edalyn Clawthorne? If her predictions were true, then...

But she knew better as to then interrupt her mother speaking.

"I fell madly in love with her. Her golden eyes, rebellious attitude..."

"Dear," Alador started to laugh. "Do we really need to hear about your time at Hexside? Right at this moment?"

Odalia cleared her throat.

"Well, you see... uh, well... Okay. You can do this Odalia. I still know her."

"So you two are still good friends to this day!" Edric commented with a smile. "How nice. I knew an Eda once. We almost got ate by a slitherbeast!"

Odalia bit her lip. Alador laughed at his sons antics.

"Well, we're more than friends."

Alador's laughing came to an abrupt stop as he stood up. "What?"

Edric gasped. "Best friends!"

Emira shoved Edric, earning a groan as a response.

"What are you talking about?" Alador asked, nervously sitting back down and patting his lap.

"It's time for me to be blunt with you guys. I have been having an affair with Eda for years. Ever since I was forced to marry you, Alador." Odalia's breath hitched as she glanced at Alador, who had shock written all across his face. Odalia built up the strength to look Alador in the eyes.

"I love that woman, Titandamnit. I always have, and I always will. And... I think it's time we end things now. I am willing to take necessary procedures to decide who gets the children, and the business income, and... yeah. I have nothing against you. The love is just not... there. I'm sorry."

Alador blinked a couple of times, before falling into a pit of laughs and giggles. This confused everybody.

"Dad?! Why in the Boiling Isles are you laughing?" Emira asked, lightly tapping her father's shoulder. Odalia had the same question.

Wiping a tear away from his eyes, Alador finally calmed enough to speak. "Be- because! Odalia really thought I didn't know!"

"You knew?!" Odalia asked in shock.

"Yes, I knew! You know, dear, you do a bad job at keeping secrets. I knew all along. From the arranged marriage, to the affair... it all."

"And you..."

"Don't care!"

"But why? Aren't you mad that I lied to you, don't love you, and-"

"Dear. I am going to be real. I have been seeing someone, too."

Everyone gasped.

"Wow, what a plot twist..." Amity said under her breath.

"You have?" Odalia asked simply.

"Yes."

"Wow... this is a lot to take in..." Emira said sadly.

"Yeah... even if I don't fully understand what an affair is."

Amity whispered in Ed's ear, making his face sadden.

"Who is the person?" Odalia asked, feeling compelled to ask.

"Darius. Abomination coven leader..."

"Wow. I guess we both had secrets that needed to come out."

"Even if some of ours wasn't exactly a secret."

The two shared a laugh.

Suddenly, a sharp cough to their side reminded them of their children.

"Oh, right..." Odalia started. "Children, what do you take of this?"

Amity was the first to speak. "Mother, if you don't mind me asking... what will become of... me and Luz?"

"Me and Eda has discussed that. You two may continue to see each other without issue on condition that you work overtime in the library for extra credit."

"I... can do that." Amity said, surprised at how easy that had been.

"And what of us?" Em asked, after hearing her mother's calm demeanor.

"Well... the court will decide."

"Odalia, dear, it would be easier if we decide upon that now. I think we should divide the children's time. I have them one week, and the next, they're yours. We can split the earnings, and leave the manor vacant. That way, our children will still have something to fall back on. Because, even though we are leaving each other, I still hope to be friends since we are leaving on good terms."

"Yes. Sounds good to me. Does that sound good to you, children?"

The kids thought for a few moments. And, all in unison, as if on cue, "Yes, mother."

━━━━━━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━━━━━━

Odalia wrapped her arms around Eda's neck, melting into the embrace. She wasn't positive on what they were doing, but Eda said Luz calls it a hug. It didn't matter, though, because boy, did it feel good.

Ed and Em crashed on the couch, all laughing as Luz presented a jack-in-the-box. Amity only stared in amazement at Luz. Yeah. It was obvious she was crushing hard on the human.

Sure, this was a big change for everybody. It wasn't just something that could come easily. It wouldn't come easy.

But Odalia knew that it was worth it. Eda was perfect for her and her children. Luz was sharing a room with the twins and Amity, and Odalia would be sharing a room with Eda.

Yeah, okay, a nest was going to take some time to get used to. But Eda was worth it.

And as Odalia pressed her lips against Eda's, she felt all the happy she's ever felt before.

And would it have been possible to be happier than this?

No. Odalia straight on believed that her life couldn't have gotten better, or happier, than this right now.