Right After Then

This was based on a prompt. :)

So this is how she goes.

Scared and cold In a dark, musty log cabin in the forest.

Somewhere where nobody would think to look for her body.

Her father never was the caring kind.

In fact, he was an abusive kind.

He would always beat her until she screamed and begged him to stop. But today, he didn't stop.

He kept beating, and beating, and beating, until breathing was the most painful thing ever.

And then, he dumped her here. Somewhere where her body would never be found.

Somewhere where her spirit would never move on.

She would be forced to live in this cabin forever.

At least, that's what she read in her The Good Witch Azura books. Azura's childhood friend had died. When her spirit went to Azura for help, she noted how her soul couldn't move on to the afterlife without a proper explanation for her death, and her body.

Azura had helped locate her murderer and body, and her childhoods friends' soul moved on.

Except Luz Noceda, 6 year old victim, knew better than to think anyone would find her.

In the darkness, as Luz's vision was fading, she could see a small light emerge from the dark. And then, she fell unconscious.

━━━━━━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━━━━━━

The demon scoffed, stomping his small foot on the ground.

"I told you, King. Owlbert is sick today. So go get me my treasure."

"I don't wanna! I don't like the human realm!"

"Well, who knows. Maybe you'll find some delicious half eaten human snacks in the garbage?"

"Sounds tempting..."

"I mean, unless you WANT to start paying rent..."

King scoffed muttering to himself and crawling through the door.

King closed him eyes as the light from the portal in the dark room blinded him.

As his vision adjusted to the dark, King looked around, fumbling with his paws. "So this is the human realm?"

Suddenly, a small cough jolted King to full attention.

He turned to look to his left, and saw a small toddler curled slightly into herself.

"A... kid?"

King slowly made his way to the kid, and sniffed her a few times. He hesitantly patted her shoulder. Upon no response, King titled his head. There was blood smeared across her cold, pale cheeks, and cuts and bruises lining her jaw, arms, legs, and torso.

Her clothing was ripped, and her hair was matted with blood.

King felt a lump in his throat as he tried to shake her awake. "Kid! Kid, come on, kid, wake up..."

The child still didn't budge. King got as close as he could possibly get to her, and laid down, wrapping his tail around the two of them. He prayed his body warmth would be enough.

And, in the dark room, trying to lick clean the childs' cuts, King lay there. Helping in the only way, he knew how.

━━━━━━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━━━━━━

Luz opened her eyes. It still hurt to breathe. Her lungs felt like they were being pierced with a thousand needles everytime she took a breath.

How was she still alive? And why was she still alive? The pain she felt was almost unbearable.

Upon opening her eyes, Luz saw a small dog like creature laying next to her. Luz made a small peep of worry, making him flick his head in her direction. He lashed his tail when he saw her awake.

"You're okay! Oh, kid, you're okay!"

Luz started to cry.

"I want my mamá." Luz cried. The dog tilted it's head in confusion. "I just want mi mamá!"

"No, hey, don't cry. I can take you to her!"

Luz wiped her eyes and nose with her half torn sleeve. "N-no... Papi, Papi h-hurt her..." Luz's voice cracked as she spoke.

The dog tilted it's head downwards in though, before taking hold of Luz's sleeve and yanking her towards a door.

"Ome, on!" The dog yelled through a closed mouth, still trying to pull her. Luz sniffled, trying to catch her breath. It hurt so bad.

Luz slowly tried to make her way towards the dog. The dog slowed his pace to meet hers, and guided her towards the door.

With every movement, Luz's ribcage was pierced with shards of pain. But still, she followed the dog through the door.

On the other side, an impatient woman was waiting.

"About time you got back! Jeez- King, is that a kid?"

Upon seeing the bloodied and bruised Luz, the woman rushed down to her. She was careful not to hurt her furthermore.

"King-what? I- hey, kiddo. Are you okay?"

Luz started to cry again, and the woman twirled her index finger. A small ball of light appeared in front of Luz, catching her gaze.

The woman stood up and nodded at the dog.

Luz smiled slightly, wiping her right eye.

Maybe she was going to be okay afterall.