01: she's a kook ✩

"It's The Cut Topper not the Ozarks,"

--☆--☆--☆--

"Oh come on Kie," JJ Maybank pleaded as he followed one of his best friends through the Chateau. "You seriously can't be mad at me for taunting that guard. All I did was make him chase us a little," the blond boy argued, causing Kiara to shoot him a glare before she pushed the door open and stepped onto the front porch.

"You could've gotten him hurt," Kiara reminded him as she rolled her eyes at JJ.

"But he wasn't hurt!" JJ spoke, a lot louder this time. "Pope, Pope, you agree with me right," JJ gestured his hands to the boy laying on the outside couch. Pope Heyward, the brains of their group, looked over at the blonde shaking his head.

"Eh," Pope shrugged, not wanting to get involved or disagree with Kiara.

JJ waved his hand dismissing Pope then ran to follow Kiara down the stairs of the porch. "Come on Kie, he deserved it. Chasing us out like that," JJ continued.

This group, better known as the pogues, were constantly getting themselves into some kind of trouble. This time their crime was breaking into an unfinished house in Figure Eight, where the rich folk lived and where they weren't allowed. It wasn't a surprise when security showed up, but it sure was fun running from them.

The pogues were at the bottom of the food chain, they always had been. Southside trash from the Cut. The pogues have been treated like dirt for years while The kooks are treated like royalty. It wasn't fair but it's the way it was. They couldn't change the families they were born into.

Kiara groaned knowing it would take a long time for one of them to be crowned victor over their little argument, and while she wished it could be done with already she wasn't prepared to lose to JJ. She turned around catching JJ by surprise and making him freeze in his spot, just as she opened her mouth the sound of a car driving towards the Chateau made her stay silent.

It didn't take them long to realize that the car didn't belong to one of their own. No pogue would be driving around a brand new 2019 white Audi convertible. It was, however, a typical Kook car.

As the car got closer the person in the driver's seat became more and more clear. Just the sight of her made Kiara's stomach hurt.

Everyone on Kildare island knew that the kooks and the pogues didn't play well together. They all seemed to hate each other and that's just the way it's always been. The pogues thought that the kooks were just entitled brats with a trust fund, while the kooks thought the pogues were dirty second class citizens. They rarely hung around each other and whenever they did it never ended well.