07: never bailing ✩

"I don't want anything from you."

--☆--☆--☆--

When the Rhodes girl woke up in the morning she was expecting an ordinary day, she didn't have any plans and her mother was out for the day meaning she did have to pretend to hangout with someone. She was free.

She walked down the stairs in nothing but her pajama shirt with her hair in a ponytail. There was no one in the house she needed to impress, in fact she was the only one in the house. Upon realizing this a bright smile formed on Emerson's face. She put in her airpods, connecting it to her phone and danced around while she made herself some breakfast.

It was moments like these where Emerson was really able to feel like herself. She didn't have to fake a smile or act like someone she wasn't, she could just be. She wasn't disappointing anyone or herself. She didn't have to worry about someone judging her for not acting like the kook princess she was raised to be.

For an entire hour and half Emerson Rhodes was completely and utterly herself. Until the doorbell rang.

She took one of her airpods out, causing the music to stop. She let out a breath as she quickly tried to fix her hair before anyone could see her. Emerson was praying it was just someone with a delivery or at the wrong house, she didn't want to lose herself so soon. She walked over to the door and braced herself before opening it.

A somewhat forced smile appeared on her face when she realized the person on the other side of the door was Rafe Cameron. He quite literally swept her off her feet and he pulled her into his arms.

"Hi," Emerson laughed as Rafe set her back down on the ground.

"Hi," He placed a kiss on her lips. As soon as his lips were on hers the kook mentality went right back into her mind. She remembered her place, and her job as Emerson Rhodes.

She pulled away with a smile on her face, watching as Rafe looked down at her with a confused expression. "I look disgusting, I'm sorry," She said, stepping back into her house, holding her arms over her body.

Rafe followed her into the house, closing the door behind him. He watched as Emerson pulled her shirt down, trying to cover the fact that she wasn't wearing any pants. Rafe smirked, his eyebrows raised as he looked at her. She turned towards him, seeing the look on his face.

"Stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?" Rafe tilted his head as he stepped towards her.

"I'm going to change, you're going to stand right there and wait, okay?" She told him as she slowly backed up towards the stairs, keeping a hand up between her and Rafe.