25: crackhead wasteland ☆

"We punch him in the throat

"We punch him in the throat."

--☆--☆--☆--

For the entire ride out to the warehouse Emerson and JJ couldn't seem to stay away from each other. At first the other's thought it was cute, the idea of their friends finally getting together again was something that made them smile. However, it didn't take long for them to become very annoying. The two weren't making out in the back of the car but it sure felt like they were.

Emerson was sitting on JJ's lap, her head leaning against his shoulder as he played with a strand of her hair. The young kook found it odd how much she wanted to be around JJ. For her entire life she had been told that pogues were trash, and she believed what she was told. Part of her felt unworthy of JJ's affection, after all her own father couldn't be around why would JJ want her. She wondered if maybe that's why she wanted to be near JJ, because she knew it would end eventually and he would leave her.

JJ, on the other hand, did not mind one bit when Emerson wanted to be near him. It made it so he didn't have to come right out and admit how much he wanted to be by her. He found it odd how much he craved being around her, the feeling was new and terrifying, but for the moment all he could think about was her.

"So they keep money out here?"

"That's what she said," JJ said then began snickering. "That's what she said," He repeated with laughter.

"Stop," Pope said, clearly annoyed. Normally JJ would've felt bad about annoying them but hearing Emerson giggle next to him made it all worth it.

"I've never even heard of Resurrection drive," Sarah said from the passenger seat of the van.

"Neither have I," Emerson agreed.

"It's 'cause you're both rich," JJ told them, making Emerson lift her head off of JJ's shoulder with raised eyebrows.

"You've never heard of it either," Kiara said, actually standing up for the two kooks.

"Thank you," Sarah said, glancing back at Kiara. Emerson reached her hand over, giving Kiara a fist bump.

"There's nothing but weeds back here," Kiara noticed.

"All right, just 'cause it's just weeds, doesn't mean it's like..." before JJ could finish his sentence the sound of a siren coming up behind them made him stop.

"Cops?" Emerson questioned as she lifted her head up to look out the back window.

"Out here?" Kiara added, with the same confusion.

"God! Are you kidding me?" JJ yelled, the volume of his voice startling Emerson for a moment.

"What did we do?" Sarah asked, as looked behind her. "Like why are we getting pulled over?"