26: cat's ass ☆

"Don't tell me what to do

"Don't tell me what to do."

--☆--☆--☆--

"So we really need all of this stuff?" Emerson asked as she, Kiara, and Pope gathered all the supplies they'd need to get the gold from the Crain House.

"Yes we do," Kiara answered her, "and we'd be able to load it a lot faster if you helped."

"I'm on the injured list, remember?" Emerson asked as she lifted up the ice Pope had given her. She smiled at Pope who just shook his head at her, he suddenly regretted giving her that ice.

The three of them were loading supplies into Heyward's truck. Sarah and John B dropped them off after they left Barry's, so the two of them could spend some alone time together.

"It would go even faster if Sarah and John B stuck around," Pope muttered under his breath, but both girls could clearly hear him.

"They're in love," Kiara said in a sing-songy voice as she twirled around.

"It makes me sick," Pope said, pretending to gag.

"Oh you won't think so when you're in love," Emerson said, poking Pope's arm. He swatted her hand away making Emerson's face twist in confusion for a moment but it quickly turned into realization. "Oh my god!"

"What?" Kiara asked with wide eyes. "What happened?"

"Pope is-" Before Emerson could finish her sentence Pope practically slapped his hand over her mouth. She tried to talk but he wouldn't let her.

"Don't." He told her, using his free hand to point at her. She sighed then held her hands up in surrender.

"You guys are weird," Kiara told them as she went to pick up another box.

"Pope is in love," Emerson whispered to the boy but he just shook his head at her.

Before they could get back to work the sound of an engine from a dirt bike started quickly approaching them, getting louder and louder with each passing second. Emerson turned around but she knew who it was before she saw the bike.

"Oh damn..." Emerson muttered.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Kiara practically spat.

"Let me take care of this," Emerson said looking back at Kiara and Pope who reluctantly agreed. Emerson gave the ice pack back to Pope before she started walking towards him just as he pulled his helmet off his head. "What are you stalking me now?" She asked.

"You're a home invader now?" He asked, noticing how she hesitated before looking down. "So that's your new thing, huh? Robbing drug dealers with your new pogue friends?"