33: my boy ☆

"You're a good boy."

--☆--☆--☆--

When the pogues woke up inside the Wreck for a split second they were able to forget all the terrible things that happened to them. For that split second they could be happy. They were just a group of friends who had a sleepover in a restaurant, they weren't hiding from their parents or the cops, for that split second they were just teenagers.

Of course reality had to hit them at some point. And all the things they had hoped to forget were once again filling their brains.

Emerson woke up with an ache in her neck either from the wooden bench she slept on or the uncomfortable position she was in when she woke up, either seemed like perfectly logical reasons. Soft groans could be heard from Pope as he too began to wake up. Emerson glanced in front of her seeing JJ standing by the door, keeping watch.

Pope stood up and walked over to him, a concerned look in his eyes. "He's pinched for sure man," JJ told him.

"No, they wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him."

"Let's hope."

"You know we were in that car," Kiara said, making all eyes turn to look at her. "They're probably looking for us too."

"She's right," Emerson nodded. "We all need to be careful."

"Well if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B," Pope sighed. He walked over to the table picking up the keys to JJ's dirt bike.

"So we find him before they do?" JJ questioned, but Pope ignored him as he walked towards the door of the Wreck. "Pope?"

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat," He told the group.

"Hey, you be careful," Kiara told him, making him glance in her direction. "Okay?"

Pope didn't say anything, he just turned around to look at JJ and Emerson. "Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late." He then pushed the door open, walking out of the Wreck.

Emerson looked over at Kiara who let out a sigh before she followed Pope out the door. "Okay, what is your problem?" She called out, as she ran to catch up with Pope.

"No problem, Officer. I'm just doing my job." Emerson and JJ heard Pope say as they followed him and Kiara to the door.

He put the keys in the dirt bike just as Kiara caught up with him. "Look I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings." She began to say but then Pope started revving the engine.

"What was that?" He asked then continued to rev the engine, making Kiara's words go unheard. "Sorry, I can't hear you. What was that?"

"Pope, I'm being serious-" She told him, but he continued to ignore her. "I'm trying to talk to you!" She yelled but he drove off before she could say anything else. Kiara shook her head then turned around to start walking back to JJ and Emerson, the sound of a helicopter made the three of them look up.