15: powerpuff girls ✩

"I'm doing this for us"

--☆--☆--☆--

"Can you believe this Midsummer shit, man?" John B asked.

JJ turned around to look at his best friend, "Of course I can. Happens every year. No matter how screwed the rest of us are." The two of them continued walking towards the building leaving the Pogue behind. "So, like, what's the plan exactly?"

"Okay, look, I need you to get this to Sarah," John B said as he handed JJ a folded up note.

"Ooh! Can I read it?"

"No, you can't read it." John B told but of course JJ read it anyway.

"Who's Vlad?" He asked.

"God, do you ever listen?" John B asked in annoyance.

"Hold up. Are you mackin' Sarah Cameron?" JJ asked with wide eyes.

"W-would you shut up?"

"You're mackin' Sarah Cameron!" JJ shouted in excitement. Now he wasn't the only one who fell for a kook. Of course in his case the kook had trouble liking him back.

"All right, man. I'm doin' it for everybody, all right?" John B tried to explain but of course JJ didn't buy it for a second. "What?"

"Nothin'. Thanks for bein' a team player, bro,'' JJ said. The two pogues stopped allowing JJ to change into some kook appropriate clothes. He put a white button up over his shirt as John B helped him with his tie.

"You know, could you just hold still?" John B asked as JJ ducked his head.

"So I just give that to Sarah? Huh?" JJ asked.

"Yes, just give it to Sarah," John B repeated. "Hold still."

"Vlad. Really?" JJ asked, raising his eyebrows.

John B bent down to pick something out of JJ's bag but instead his eyes made their way onto JJ's gun. "Are you kidding me?" John B asked as he carefully held up the gun.

"No, I'm not kidding you," JJ said as he finished up with his buttons.

"If you get caught with this thing, you're goin' to jail," John B reminded him.

"Fine," JJ said, throwing his cap to the ground, "but if I get ambushed, it's on you."

A few yards away all the kooks were having a blast as they listened to music and ate the delicious food that Heyward and Pope had served them. Emerson and Sarah were standing in a group with their friends from school, all of them sneaking drinks whenever their parents weren't looking. All while the death squad watched over them from the deck, also with drinks in their hands.