30: void pope ☆

"This isn't real."

--☆--☆--☆--

Emerson Rhodes never believed that hanging out with the pogues would put her in danger. She had heard it multiple times, from multiple people, but she never actually believed that hanging out with the pogues was equivalent to putting her life on the line. 

She knew the pogues liked to love life on the edge, living for the adrenaline rush or whatever their reasons were. Frankly Emerson didn't even realize that her life would be in danger as she watched her boyfriend load up his gun, a gun that was intended for Ward Cameron.

"We go in there, guns a-blazin, make Ward Cameron beg for mercy, abscond with as much gold as possible and vamanos, get the hell out there," JJ explained the plan as he continued to load his gun.

"Send that shit right down the Intracoastal," John B added.

"Wait for the weather."

"Then we exit to Cuba," Pope finished.

"Cuba? Nah, man, Xcalak, Jewel of the Yucatan," JJ corrected him. "Lobsters so thick, mangoes, and no word for money."

"Sounds like the place for us," Emerson agreed.

"Let's do this shit," John B said, continuing to drive down the road towards the airstrip.

As the twinkie continued to get closer to the airstrip the group of pogues continued to plot about exactly how they'd get their gold back. None of them know just how badly this will end.

"What's the plan?" Kiara asked once they got out of the van. "Broad strokes."

"I don't think we got that far," John B realized as they all walked over to the fence. Pope pulled out his trusty binoculars and looked for any sign of Ward or the gold.

"They're loading up the gold," He announced then handed John B the binoculars.

"There's Ward," John B told them just as a black Range Rover pulled in near the plane. John B's eyes widened as he slowly lowered the binoculars in disbelief.

"What?"

"What's wrong?" Emerson asked, seeing the color visibly drain from John B's face.

"It's Sarah."

"She's with them?" JJ asked.

Emerson shook her head as she took the binoculars from John B, she wanted to see it for herself. She scanned the area around the plane, unfortunately finding Sarah walking towards one of the workers. She handed John B the binoculars back, not wanting to believe what her eyes were telling her. John B lifted them up to his eyes, watching Sarah from afar.