34: where's John b ☆

"Don't you ever say those fucking words again!"

--☆--☆--☆--

The three teenagers continued driving towards the Phantom. All of them were all too aware that this was John B's only shot at getting out of here. Each of them had worried looks on their face, despite trying to keep their fears hidden from each other.

JJ continued to mess with the chain around his fingers until he glanced over at Kiara, seeing the scared look on her face. She glanced back at him after feeling his eyes on her. "It'll be fine," JJ said, trying to comfort her. "It'll be fine with the Phantom. She'll get out of here quick." The sound of sirens approaching made all their masks fall, the overwhelming fear now obvious on all of their faces. "Whoa, whoa," JJ said as he turned his head so the cops wouldn't recognize him.

"They're still looking. It's a good sign," Kiara reminded them.

"A good sign," Emerson repeated like she was trying to convince herself it was true.

All of them were too busy thinking about the cops and John B that none of them noticed Rafe and Barry waiting patiently on the side of the road. They didn't hear the sounds of their bikes either as the two boys began trailing them.

"How far are we again?" Emerson asked.

Kiara groaned as she looked at Emerson through the rearview mirror. "How many times are you gonna ask?"

"Until you give me a solid answer," Emerson told her with a sweet smile on her face.

"Not long," Was all Kiara said, causing Emerson to roll her eyes as she leaned back in her seat.

The drive wasn't much longer but still the three teenagers didn't speak much. Only a couple words of encouragement every now and again. The words they spoke to each other helped a little but everytime they heard a cop's siren they'd sink back into their feelings of sudden doom.

Everyone on the island was searching for John B, the cops, the kooks, even some of the pogues were out looking for him. None of them even had the tiniest inkling that the real person who killed Sheriff Peterkin was out looking with them.

"We're here," Kiara announced.

"Finally," Emerson groaned as she got out of her seat. Emerson wasn't usually a nervous girl, she usually handled things with grace and confidence the way she was taught to. But then again she had never helped a fugitive escape the island before.