22: motion sensors ✩

"I'm here baby

"I'm here baby."

--☆--☆--☆--

"You got rope?" John B asked from the front seat of the twinkie as the group of pogues drove towards the Crain House.

"Got it," Pope said from the backseat.

"Grappling hook?"

"We don't have a grappling hook," Pope said, rolling his eyes in annoyance. "We're not batman."

"Yeah- yeah, whatever," John B replied, shaking his head. "Pulley?"

"Check," Kiara chimed in.

"Dark clothes?"

"Yup," Emerson said, looking around her at everyone who was now wearing black clothes.

"Flashlights?"

"Check," JJ announced.

"All right, good," John B said, hopeful that their plan to steal the gold might actually work. "We're ready."

"Let's go," Kiara said.

"Let's go get rich, guys," JJ added, as John B began walking around to the other side of the van.

"Yeah, hell yeah," Kiara smiled. John B opened the door to the van, so everyone could get out. "Let's go boys... and girls," Kiara added, as she glanced at the two new additions to their group.

"Right on," Sarah nodded.

"Wait, wait," John B said, stopping the group. "I wanna say thank you, guys. Seriously." John B looked around at each member of the group with a small smile on his face. "It means a lot to me that you're here tonight."

"Always," Kiara told him with a smile on her face, making him chuckle happily.

"Of course, man," Pope agreed, then the two boys did the famous pogue handshake.

"All right, we done with the circle jerk?" JJ asked, with the rope now over his shoulder. "Can we go do this?"

"Hell yeah," Emerson said, as she stood up to get out of the van.

"Let's get that wheat in the water," Pope replied.

"Weed? I'm up for weed," JJ interjected.

"Wheat," Pope said slowly, so JJ would understand him. "I said wheat."

"After you," Kiara said, smiling at Sarah.

"Ladies first," Sarah laughed quietly.

Each of them took their turn hopping over the fence to get into Mrs. Crain's yard. The place was spookier than Emerson remembered it being, the only time she spent in the place was if one of the kooks dared her to go in. The sound of a twig snapping behind her made her jump and when she tried to back away she crashed into JJ.