21: hey kiara ✩

"Watch your back boys

"Watch your back boys."

--☆--☆--☆--

"Wow," Sarah laughed as she looked up at the sky. It was clear that the girl was still getting used to the weed she had ingested earlier that day.

Emerson giggled to herself, at nothing in particular. The world just seemed sort of happy from her view. She was calm and giggly, she wanted to feel like this all the time.

"Hey, guess what?" Sarah asked, causing Emerson to dramatically turn her head to look at Sarah. "Would you rather... have- I was just imagining you like this just now- it was pretty funny," Sarah said before clearing her throat. "Would you ima- would you rather... have nipples for eyes or eyes for nipples?" Sarah asked. Emerson smiled as she began laughing, the different images appearing in her blurry vision. "Imagine you get really old and your nipples- Your boobs get saggy, and your nipples, if they were your eyes, you could see if your shoes were untied," Sarah chuckled. Kiara gave her a look, completely unamused by her ex best friend's joke making Sarah shake her head, trying to act cool.

"Hey, Kiara," Emerson said, grabbing her ex-friend's attention. "I was just... I was just thinking how tomatoes are fruit, right?" She asked but Kiara ignored her so she turned to Sarah who nodded, not knowing the train of thought that Emerson was on. "So, So if that's true then ketchup is a smoothie," Emerson finished then an amazed look appeared on Sarah's face as if she now had to question every moment in her life involving ketchup.

"Is this like your first time smoking or something?" Kiara asked the kooks, clearly not finding any of this funny.

"No," Emerson answered quickly, but it was obvious that it was a lie.

"No," Sarah said at the same time, also lying. "Hey, Kiara..."

"Oh my god," Kiara sighed. "Enough of the 'Hey, Kiara' bullshit!" Both Emerson and Sarah slumped down after Kiara's outburst. Normally Emerson would've had something to say but it was like the weed had taken away any comebacks she had in her mind. Everything was calm and she liked it a little too much. "Why'd you do it?" Kiara asked, but it was obvious neither of the kooks were up for a deep talk about their feelings.

"Why did we do what?" Sarah asked, when Emerson didn't say anything.

"We were best friends," Kiara reminded them. "All three of us," she said this time, solely looking at Emerson, who was trying her best to avoid Kiara's gaze. "We- we stole beers from your dad's fridge," Kiara continued, this time looking at Sarah again. "And made martini's with your mom's supplies," now she looked back at Emerson. "We watched movies together, we cried about boys. And the next thing I know I'm watching Sarah's birthday party happen from Instagram."

"It was one party," Sarah said, trying to reason with Kiara.

"You guys invited everybody except me," Kiara reminded them. "And then you told everybody I was the reason that the party got busted."