18: lavender shampoo ✩

"Who cares how it ends?"

--☆--☆--☆--

When JJ Maybank woke up the next morning he rolled over to find himself alone in Emerson's bed. He glanced around seeing evidence from their activities the night before and quickly realized he didn't have anything on, besides the sheets that were covering him.

"Emerson," He whispered, trying to find anything that would lead him to her location. "Emerson," he repeated, but still couldn't find her.

He sat up in the bed, making sure to keep his lower half covered. Before he could get out of the bed to try and find his pant's Emerson's bedroom door opened.

The Rhodes girl had nothing but a large t-shirt on and was carrying a mug full of coffee in her hands. He couldn't help but smirk at the sight of her, as flashbacks from the night before crossed his mind. "You're up," She smiled.

"Y-Yeah, what time is it?" He asked, trying to keep himself calm.

"Like 7:30," She answered before taking a sip of her coffee.

"When are your parents coming back," He asked, a faint hint of nervousness in his voice.

"Mm, not for another hour or two," she assured him as she walked over to her bed and sat down beside JJ. She raised her eyebrows when realizing he still hadn't put any clothes on. JJ, however, didn't say anything about his missing clothing and simply took the mug from Emerson's hands and set it down on the bedside table next to him.

"Good morning," He whispered as he brought his hand up to tuck a strand of her brown hair behind her ear.

"Good morning," She whispered back to him. She leaned her head into his hand. His hands were rough from long days of work. Emerson thought it was strange considering that her own hands hadn't put in a single day of work. She lifted her head and pulled away a little, just far enough that she could look JJ in the eye. "So listen..."

"Uh oh..." JJ said as he sat up more in the bed. "If you're regretting what happened last night..."

"That's not what I was going to say," Emerson told him. "It's about John B. Sarah called and he's awake."

"He's awake?"

"Yeah. He had a concussion and a hairline fracture but other than that he's fine," She informed him. A smile immediately began to form on JJ's face and he had never been so happy in his life. He hated worrying about whether or not he'd be able to see his best friend again. "He should be released from the hospital any time," she added.

"Oh thank god," JJ sighed.

Emerson nodded and stood up from the bed, "and about last night..." JJ turned his eyes meeting hers. "I don't regret it."