05: spoiled brat ✩

"Look who's paying attention"

--☆--☆--☆--

When JJ Maybank got home after the kegger he couldn't sleep. The fight just kept replaying in his head over and over again. He kept thinking about how angry the kooks had made him, angry to the point where he didn't have control over his own actions. He thought about holding the gun to Topper's head, the screams of fear and panic now filling his ears, of course he didn't hear them when it actually happened.

JJ was actually worried that he'd pull the trigger, but when he saw the fear on his friends faces it brought him back. All he wanted to do was save John B, not terrorize his friends and the other people at the kegger. They had become afraid of him, even if it was just in that moment, he couldn't help but compare himself to his father.

If there was one thing JJ truly feared it was his father. He never told any of the pogues about what happened, but they all knew. His father was a drunk and a druggie with anger issues that he passed on to his son. The only thing that scared JJ more was the idea of becoming his father.

The blonde pogue quietly climbed out of his window, he didn't want to deal with any unnecessary fights since he knew he'd be getting an earful from his friends once he arrived at The Chateau. He thought he would make it safely away from his house until he noticed a white convertible parked by the street. The car clearly stood out, even an idiot could figure out that the car didn't belong there.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me," JJ whispered to himself because leaning against that car was the kook princess herself. "You're not seriously standing there?" He said, clearly annoyed.

"No, it's a hologram. Lifelike, isn't it?" Emerson asked him as she uncrossed her arms.

"What do you want?"

"Where'd you get the gun?" Emerson asked him, not bothering to hide the reason she showed up.

"I don't know what you're talking about," He claimed, barely able to look her in the eye.

"Don't pretend like it didn't happen," she said as she stood up a bit straighter.

"Why? Everybody went home safe, there's nothing to worry about. The threat has been contained," He shrugged. "I mean we aren't friends, so there's no reason for you to be here."

"Wow, okay," Emerson said looking at him with a genuinely confused expression. "You held a gun to my friend's head and you're mad at me?"

"Look who's paying attention," JJ laughed sarcastically.

"I don't want to argue with you JJ," Emerson claimed as she stepped away from her car and closer to the blonde pogue.

"Then why are you here, huh?" JJ asked her. "I'm a pogue, why would you ever willingly want to be around me?" He asked.