Chapter 5

Yeji’s POV
I woke up when I heard birds chirping outside my window. The clock says it’s 7:35am. I was so tired because I stayed up late last night. I couldn’t sleep. It’s not a great start for me to start my day today. I head to my bathroom to clean myself and dressed up, getting ready to work. As usual, Lia knocked on my door when she had ready to go out. It was already 8:15am at the moment. We go for breakfast together everyday, since we work in the same place.

“Did you sleep well last night? Honestly, you look awfully tired.” Lia asked in a worried tone.

“Not well at all Lia, I can’t sleep last night.” I sighed.

“What’s wrong? Thinking about the girl at our shop yesterday huh?” Lia smirked, teasing me.

“Just shut up Lia, before I smack you.” I said, rolling my eyes at her.

We went to Starbucks that’s near our shop. I didn’t feel like eating so I only ordered a drink for myself, Chocolate Chip Frappucino. Lia ordered Mocha Frappucino and Cinnamon Coffee Cake for herself. After paying, we head straight to our shop. I started preparing and while Lia sitting at the cafe area eating her bread. It was 9am. I went to the door to change the sign “closed” to “opened”.

Lia started to water the plants after finishing her bread while I start wiping the tables in the cafe area.

Chaeryeong’s POV
I woke up in the morning at 9:30am. As usual, I cleaned myself up and dressed in a casual outfit. I went down to cook breakfast for myself, eggs and bacon. I took the book I borrowed yesterday and sit myself at the dining room, I started eating while reading the book, enjoying my Sunday morning.

After I finished my breakfast, I went to wash my dish and head to the living room, continued reading my book. Time flies and I’d finished the book already. I looked up to check the time on the clock, it’s already 3.25pm in the afternoon. The weather today isn’t bad too, I decided to go for a walk outside down the street. I changed into another outfit.
(Chaeryeong’s outfit ↓)

I locked my door and went off for a walk

I locked my door and went off for a walk. When I’m walking on the street, my mind started thinking about the cat-eyed girl again. Suddenly, a girl’s voice appear right beside me.

“Oh hey, you’re Chaeryeong right? The girl that visited our shop yesterday.” I was shocked. It was Lia, the worker from the flower shop.

“W-wait what?? Why did I end up coming here? This place was supposed to be on the opposite side of the street…” I thought, confusingly.

Lia waved her hand in front of me as I wasn’t responding but daydreaming.

“O-Oh sorry, yes I am, Chaeryeong”.

“Sorry if I scared you” Lia chuckled.

“It’s f-fine, I didn’t notice I’ve reached here.” I chuckled too, shyly.

“Do you wanna have a sit inside? Since you came here already.” Lia asked me.

“Oh um, sure.” I nodded my head and smile at her. She is very friendly, and pretty too.

I walked in with a big smile on my face as I saw flowers scattered all over in the shop. The scent of flowers are nice and refreshing.

“Just relax, Ms Chaeryeong.” Lia said to me with a smile on her face.

I felt more comfortable now in this place, I wasn’t that nervous anymore, the two people here are nice and friendly, and there’s flowers here to calm me too.

“Just call me Chaeryeong” I said to Lia, smiling at her.

While I was admiring the flowers, I noticed Yeji came towards me.

“Hi, Chaeryeong. Nice seeing you here again, what brings you here?” She talks to me with a sweet smile on her face.

I stared at her face, she’s so beautiful. I was amazed, I got attracted by her eyes, again. I blushed.

“Chaeryeong? Are you okay?” Yeji spoke again, and I snapped out.

“Oh sorry, I was just walking down the street but end up stopping at here when Lia called me. She told me to have a sit here so I came in.” I replied to her, smiling.

“Oh I see. Your face is red though, are you blushing? Am I too pretty?” Yeji joked and chuckled.

“Y-Yeah, you’re beautiful” I said without any hesitant.

She looked at me, “Thank you, you’re cute too.” Yeji chuckled.

I blushed more when I heard her complimenting me, I didn’t know where to look but surely not at her eyes, that will only make me blush more. So I chuckled and look down at the flowers, admiring those beauties.

“So you like flowers?” Yeji asked.

“No I don’t, I love flowers. They make me calm and relax.”

“What type of flowers are your favourite?”

“The gladiolus flowers” I replied, looking at her while I’m smiling.

She stared at me like my face has something on it.

“Do I have anything on my face?” I asked her.

“Oh s-sorry, I was just thinking about something. You’re similar to one of my close friend, you reminded me of her.” Yeji chuckled, scratching her nape.

“Do you want something to drink?” She asked again.

“Yeah sure.” I response.

“Is it Iced Americano?” Yeji asked while looking at me with a big smile.

“Yes, my favourite. Thank you.” I chuckled and smile at her.

“Didn’t expect she would remember what I ordered yesterday”, I thought. I was surprised, when she know what I wanted to drink.