Chapter 18

Chaeryeong’s POV
I looked at my phone, showing 8:37am. I got down from Yeji unnie’s bed to clean myself. I walked out from the room and found Yeji unnie sleeping on the sofa. I noticed her blanket was dropped on the floor, so I went to pick it up.

I covered her with the blanket gently, not wanting to wake her but she moved. She wasn’t awake tho and when I was about to leave I felt someone holding my hand, tightly.

I turned around to see Yeji unnie. Her eyes were close tightly and she’s murmuring something.

“Don’t go.. don’t leave me… please” she murmured.

I was worried so I went up to her closer. She shook her head and I saw her forehead was wet, she’s sweating a lot. I touched her forehead, it’s hot. She’s having a fever.

I panicked but I know now isn’t the right time to be just panicking and doing nothing. So I texted Lia unnie.

Lia unnie came in after a few minutes past

“What happened?” Lia unnie asked.

“I’m not sure. I came out of her room and I saw her blanket on the floor so I went to pick up and put it on for her. She suddenly grabbed my wrist and that’s when I noticed her body is heating” I replied.

Yeji unnie haven’t wake up yet. She shook her head repeatedly and held my wrist tighter. She murmured the words again and again. Geez, what kind of nightmare is she having? I’m so worried.

Lia unnie and I tried to call her name but she’s still not awake. Suddenly, Yeji unnie shouted loudly.

“Don’t go!” she shouted loudly as she woke up, her eyes opened widely.

“Yeji unnie! You finally woke up” I said to her. She loosen her hand from holding my wrist.

“What happened to you?” Lia unnie asked her.

“I feel dizzy… I don’t feel good at all…” Yeji unnie replied.

“Stay here at your house to rest then, don’t go for work” Lia said as she walk to the kitchen, grabbing a cup of water for Yeji unnie.

I’m sitting beside Yeji unnie, she laid down again and closes her eyes. I took some tissues from the table and I helped her to wipe away her sweats on her forehead.

“Chaeryeong, let’s go out together to buy breakfast and medicines for her” Lia unnie said as she patted me on my shoulder. I nodded in response.

We left the apartment and walked to the nearest bakery shop. I bought some breads for Yeji unnie and chocolate bread for myself.

As we were walking to the pharmacy for medicine, Lia unnie talks to me.

“So Chaeryeong, you’re staying in Yeji’s house now?” she asked.

“Yes, just for now, Lia unnie. Yeji unnie offered me though, I couldn’t resist even when I’ve refused quite a few times” I chuckled.

“She don’t usually care about people that much, do you know that? She only cares about people who is close to her” Lia unnie smirked at me.

I was confused at what Lia unnie was trying to say, I tilted my head a little.

“I don’t get what you’re trying to say, unnie”

“I mean, she seems to like you, obviously. She treats you very special” my eyes was widely opened when I heard what she said. I blushed.

“I’m not telling you that you have to like her back too, but I hope you’ll appreciate the care she gave you” Lia said as she smiled at me. I nodded.

“I do appreciate how she helped me, unnie. I’m not an ungrateful person, don’t worry” I chuckled.

“How do you feel about her, Chaeryeong?” Lia asked me, she looks very curious though, her eyes were widely opened, looking at me.

I thought about the question for a little while. Didn’t expect Lia unnie would ask me such question.

“I do have feelings for her too, Lia unnie” I smiled at her.

“How do you feel when you’re with her?” she asked again.

“Happy, comfortable, relax and… familiar.”

“Familiar?”

“Yes, sometimes I feel familiar when I’m with Yeji unnie. Like I’ve seen those scenarios before, but I forgotten” I said this to Lia unnie with my confused expression on my face.

“Wow, soulmates” Lia laughed as she said this. I blushed again hearing the word “soulmate”. But in my opinion, I’m not sure if Lia unnie’s correct or not.

Well I mean, Yeji unnie might only treat me as her sister, right? We just known each other for not more than a month. And she deserves a better person than me. I felt a bit sad, when I’m thinking about this.

We returned to Yeji unnie’s apartment soon after we bought the medicines. Lia unnie had left me and Yeji unnie inside the house and went for work.

I walk to the sofa where Yeji unnie is laying, and I wiped her forehead again with a small towel that are soaked in warm water.

“Thank you for taking care of me, Chaeryeong” Yeji unnie talks weakly.

“It’s fine, unnie. Come on, let’s go to your room, you should rest in your bed” I said as I help Yeji unnie gets up.

She laid on the bed and I helped her to cover up with the blanket. She wasn’t sleeping so I asked her something.

“Unnie, why did you stay up late last night?”

“H-How did you know that?”

“I saw your Instagram status. It shows that you’re active till 5:45am. What are you up to?” I said as I’m worried. Is it because of me? She definitely felt uncomfortable sleeping at the sofa.

“I was thinking about something last night. I didn’t notice it was that late.”

“That’s why you’re having fever now, unnie. You’re too tired” I said as I furrowed my eyebrows looking at her.

------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N: You guys excited? Itzy is publishing CSI Season 2! 👀🤯)