Chapter 16

Yeji’s POV
Chaeryeong and I walked to the park after having our dinner. The sky's full of stars, beautiful. As we walked on the path, enjoying the nice view, relaxing ourselves from stresses.  I hope this would make her feel better.

There’s flowers and trees all over the sides of the path, the flower scents are refreshing.

“Chaeryeong-ah, let’s have a sit on the bench” I said with a pleasant smile.

“Sure” she smiled back.

As we walk towards the bench, I plucked off some flowers, hiding behind me. We sat down on the bench, she’s admiring the nice view with her head lifting up, looking at the stars. Me? I’m admiring the beautiful view of Chaeryeong’s side profile.

Yes, Lia is right. She had grown up. She had changed. She became more than just beautiful than she already is back then.

“Chaeryeong-ah” I called her.

“Hmm?” she hummed, looking at me curiously.

“Here, flowers, for you.” I said as I give her the flowers I plucked few minutes ago. I looked in her eyes, smiling at how gorgeous it is.

She stared at me, no sound nor movement. She just stared at me and went off to her little world. I’m still holding the flowers though.

“Did she don’t like it? Did I make her uncomfortable?” words came out in my mind.

Chaeryeong’s POV
Yeji unnie and I were sitting on the bench at the park. I was enjoying the beautiful night view, I looked up to the sky, how splendid it is to see a sky full with stars, it’s amazing.

We didn’t talk all the way when we arrived the park though. We were admiring the nice views quietly, no one has spoken a word. Until Yeji unnie called me. I hummed as a response, looking at her.

“Here, flowers, for you.” unnie then took out flowers that she’s holding from behind.

I opened my eyes widely as I was surprised. When and where did she got the flowers?

When I heard what Yeji unnie told me, the strange feeling came into my mind again. Why is this so familiar? I feel like I’ve heard someone with the similar voice like Yeji unnie had told me before. This scenario, is so familiar too. Did I forget about something?

I was in a confused state, staring at Yeji unnie the whole time. I didn’t noticed I was daydreaming until unnie waved her hand in front of me, it snapped me out.

“Chaer, you okay? Do you not like this? Did I make you feel uncomfortable?” Yeji unnie asked me, with a worried look on her face.

She was about to take the flower away from me. I held her wrist to stop her.

“No unnie, I love it. I was just thinking about something” I smiled at her as I take the flower from her.

“Is there anything bothering you?” she asked.

“Nah it’s nothing, just feeling strange when you gave me the flowers. It feels familiar, it feels like I’ve forgotten something” I said confusingly.

“You forgotten…” she murmured. I didn’t hear her clearly though.

“What did you say, unnie?”

“Huh? O-Oh nothing” she shook her head and smiled at me. Weird.