Chapter 36

Chaeryeong’s POV
“Babe?” Yeji called me.

“Hmm?” I hummed in response as I turn around to look at her. We are laying on our bed, she’s back hugging me earlier.

“Why are you still awake?” she asked,

“I can’t sleep because I’m too excited. Thanks for the birthday surprise, yeddeong.” I leaned closer to her, resting my head on her chest.

“Let’s go out on Saturday. I wanted to take you to a place.”

“Where?”

“Secret.” she whispered in my ear.

“I’ll be looking forward to it then.” I chuckled.

“For now, let’s sleep. It’s late already, we have work tomorrow.” she patted my head.

“Good night, yeddeong.”

“Night night, ryeongie.” she planted a kiss on my forehead.

I can’t hide my excitement. I got proposed by the girl who I love the most. My wish came true. The wish that I hope I could stay with Yeji forever came true.

I don’t regret being with her, I feel happy, I feel warm, I feel comfortable, I feel secure. She always gives me the love, the attention, the care and she never made me felt insecure before.

She shows a lot of love to me by actions. How she payed attention to me, the way she could noticed small details about me, the way she knows what I want.

She understands me and tolerates me. She’s soft and gentle towards me. She protects me whenever I’m hurt physically or mentally.

She’s always here by my side, comforting me, making me feel safe when she’s around. This girl right here, Hwang Yeji, is someone I could rely on.

We’ve been through a lot, we do fight sometimes, just like the normal couples do. But she had never left me alone before. She’s always there for me.

Her love for me had never changed. I feel love when I’m with her. Whenever I see her, I smiled unconsciously. I love her a lot.

She gives me happiness. Whenever I see her, I feel like home.

Thank you for everything, Hwang Yeji. I love you.

-----------------------------------
(*8th June 2024, Saturday*)

Yeji’s POV
Chaeryeong and I are in my car now. I’m taking her to a photography studio.

We arrived the destination. I parked my car and I opened the car for her after I got down.

“Where is this place?”

“Photography studio.” I smiled at her.

“Photography studio? We are here to take photos?”

“Yeah, I want some nice photos with you together, before we’re married. It’s gonna be memorable, when we look at the photos in the future.” I winked at her.

“Let’s go then!” she said excitedly.

I’ve already booked an appointment so we don’t have to wait. Chaeryeong and I are getting our make up done soon. She looks stunning with the outfit she’s wearing.

I didn’t know I was staring at her until she snapped her finger in front of me.

“Hey! What’s wrong?” she asked.

“H-Huh?”

“I’ve called you for a few times already you know?”

“You’re… so beautiful…” I looked at her with my mouth slightly opened. How can I resist her beauty??