Chapter 11

Yeji’s POV
It’s 10:35am in the morning and Chaeryeong is sitting at the cafe area. She’s having her breakfast here and she’s doing her work. She said she have to go to the daycare earlier than usual so she came in here to prepare her report. The daycare is just near around our shop.

Lia is in the store room, arranging those boxes of fertilizers and stuffs. There’s only me and Chaeryeong, in the dining area. I looked at how focus she is when she’s working. It’s attractive. I stared at her for a few minutes and I got flashbacks.

----------*Yeji’s Flashback*----------

“Have you thought about how your future house looks like?” I asked the girl.
“Yes I do, unnie. I wanted it to be full of flowers outside my house, it would be perfect!” she replied, with a big smile on her face.
“It looks awesome. What flowers will you plant?”
“Definitely my favourite, gladiolus flowers!” she chuckled.
“Why do you love gladiolus so much?” I asked with a smile on my face.
“It attracts me. When I look at them, they calm me down. They are beautiful” she smiled.

----------*End Of Flashback*----------

“The way Chaeryeong decorated the outside of her house, the plants, gladiolus flowers…” I thought in my mind. It’s already 11:07am when I looked at the clock. Chaeryeong came up to me at the counter.
“Hey unnie, here’s the money for the coffee” she hands me the money, placing her phone on the counter. Her phone was on, showing her lock screen. I looked down when I noticed her phone. It was a picture of a small kid.

“It’s that y-you in the picture?” I asked Chaeryeong.
“Yeah, it’s me when I’m young” she smiled at me.
“I-It’s cute. You look pretty” I smiled and she chuckled.
“Bye Yeji unnie, I’ve to go now” she waved her hand, leaving the shop.

From the time when she left, I’ve been staring at the door until Lia snapped me out. “Yeji!” she shouted.
“H-Huh?”
“What’s wrong? I’ve been calling your name for a few times already” Lia said, looking worried.
“I-It’s her” I said nervously with my eyes widely opened.
“What do you mean?” Lia was confused.
“I-It’s her! Chaeryeong, it’s the girl! I saw it!” I spoke loudly.
“Woah calm down Yej-” Lia was cut off when there’s a bell rang on the door. A customer has entered our shop.

“Focus on work!” Lia patted my shoulder and went off to service the customer. There’s no customers here at the dining area, usually our cafe area will be crowded with people on tea time. So I calmed myself down and started to scroll on my social medias. I keep thinking about Chaeryeong. The picture I saw on her phone lock screen, it’s exactly the girl beside me on my photo frame. I don’t know her name but I do remember her face very clearly.

I was scrolling on my Instagram until I saw a profile. It’s Chaeryeong’s Instagram profile. I looked at her posts. She’s so beautiful.

I liked her photos and followed her

I liked her photos and followed her. I turn off my phone and put in on the table. I don’t know how to express my feelings. Should I be happy, that I’ve found her, or should I be sad, because she didn’t recognize me? Did she forgot about me? I’m so confused with my mixed feelings

After a long day of work, Lia and I were tired. It’s already 6:45pm. There’s a lot of customers on tea time than usual today. We closed our shop and we were heading down on the street to have our dinner.

Chaeryeong’s POV
“Finally!” I whispered. It’s late at night already as I looked at my phone, it shows the time 7:15pm. Our daycare are having a small event soon, so I had to prepare a lot of stuffs. I packed my stuffs and ready to head back home.

As I walked up the streets, I’m thinking about Yeji unnie. She looks weird today when she looked at my lock screen. She was shocked and her eyes were wide opened. I’m so confused though. About twenty minutes later, I’ve reached the outside of my house. I was frightened when I heard a loud noise coming from my house.

I took a look again and I saw a car parked in front of my house gate and there’s two men. They are robbing my house. I was panicked that I didn’t know what to do. They have knives holding in their hand. I was shaking in fear. I hid behind one of my neighbors car. I wanted to call the police but I can’t. The area I’m at are very quiet. If I speak, those men right there might hear it if they come out.

I texted Yeji unnie for help. I can’t calm myself down, I’m too panicked.

A few minutes had gone, Yeji unnie haven’t see my messages yet. I can’t stay here any longer, they might notice me.  I felt my whole body shaking but I have to control myself. I wanted to cry out as my eyes were full with tears but I had to bear it. I started to move quietly, sneaking my way out to the street. I ran away as fast as I could. I ran down the street, crying. It’s not that late but there’s literally no one at the street.

I kept running until I saw two people right in front of Yeji unnie’s shop. I ran towards them. It was Yeji and Lia unnie.
———————————————————
(A/N: It's exactly 1:20am here in my country and I'm publishing more chapters... I can't sleep though so I'm just gonna write more, cause why not :) Hope you guys enjoy my story by the way <3)